PDA

View Full Version : Guys please help me I am in a hurry Otherwise I lost my discus

supi4u
02-01-2015, 11:54 AM
1. Please explain the problems with your fish. When did you notice the problems and did anything unusual happen that you think started them?

Just 2 days back my female blue diamond refuse to eat and hide. But all fins are erect and no color dull i think she laying egg. Previously she layed eggs. But today morning i saw puffy breeding tube like a sore

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds).

Swim arround the tank but refuse to eat.anal vent/breeding tube puffy like a sore.

3. What medications/ treatments have you already tried and what were the results. Include dosage and duration of treatment.

None

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and ages, numbers and sizes of fish.

50 gallon, 5 nos 5 inch and 3 nos 3 inch discus

5. Water change regime (What percentage and how often).

30 every alternative day

6. How long has tank been running? Is it bare bottom? If you have substrate, what type and how deep is it?

Bare bottom 1 and half year

7. Do you age your water? If you do for how long and what is the ph swing.

24 hours no ph swing

8. Parameters and water source;

Note: Water Parameters are important in diagnosing problems within a tank. If you don't own test kits for the following information, you can purchase them, test your parameters and post this info as soon as possible.

- temp ___86__

- ph __7.0___

- ammonia reading _0___

- nitrite reading __0__

- nitrate reading __7__

What type of water or combinations of water sources do you use? If it is an RO/tap/well water mix, please list percentages in the mix.

municipal water ____

9. Any new fish, plants or inverts added recently.

no

10. Include any pictures or videos you have which shows the symptoms. If you can't add them to this post, please provide a link to them.

Keith Perkins
02-01-2015, 12:32 PM
Discus can go long periods of time (weeks) without eating, so I'd ratchet down the extreme concern a little bit. I'm no expert with treating sick fish, but I'm wondering if a simple topical antibiotic might be worth trying. Not something I've ever tried, but Nc0gnet0 (Rick) has had positive results with it on wounds. My 2 cents until someone better comes along.

Bill63SG
02-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Also until someone more experienced chimes in,I would try 50% waterchanges or more everyday for about a week.Nothing beats clean water.

nc0gnet0
02-01-2015, 02:44 PM
A couple of things here....Your form says you have a bare bottom tank, but the picture shows planted? Your tank is overstocked, 1 discus for 10 gallons is the rule o thumb, you have 8 in a 50 gallon. At that stocking density, 30 gallons every other day Is a bit light.

For now remove the fish and place in a qt tank with 100% clean water. When transferring the fish treat the area topically with iodine by using a q-tip/cotton swab. if no improvement is shown in about 3 days, or the problem gets worse, begin treatment with furan 2. This is the second illness/problem you have had in a week, your fish are telling you that your husbandry has room for improvement.

-Rick

supi4u
02-02-2015, 02:09 PM
A couple of things here....Your form says you have a bare bottom tank, but the picture shows planted? Your tank is overstocked, 1 discus for 10 gallons is the rule o thumb, you have 8 in a 50 gallon. At that stocking density, 30 gallons every other day Is a bit light.

For now remove the fish and place in a qt tank with 100% clean water. When transferring the fish treat the area topically with iodine by using a q-tip/cotton swab. if no improvement is shown in about 3 days, or the problem gets worse, begin treatment with furan 2. This is the second illness/problem you have had in a week, your fish are telling you that your husbandry has room for improvement.

-Rick

Thanks everybody
Badnews i have lost my discus today morning. My tank is bare buttom only few anubias tied with bob wood