PDA

View Full Version : Most amount of juvis in a 60 gallon?

archiebellacoco
02-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Hey guys!

Next month in aus we won't be getting a lot of discus in the country due to the new importing laws

So I am trying to get as much variety as possible to hopefully breed and keep a decent amount of discus local...

I have a bit of a set up to start with
I have 5 four foots and 8 2 foots and 1 3 foot

Just wondering what the maximum amount of juvis per standard 4 foot tank is to grow out to the point where they pair up? 4x18x18
Willing to do constant water changes
I would then sell the ones that are starting to over crowd
Also keeping in mind I want the juvs to grow out as much as possible
Juvs are 6-11 cms.

Thanks!!
Also anyone that can suggest whether I can use the three foot to grow out and how many could go in there

sdrexler078
02-03-2015, 07:53 PM
I don't know an exact number. But if you do overstock there won't be any room for error. You can't skip any days but I'd say at 3 inch fish you could do quiet a few and just do daily 2 100% changes a day

sdrexler078
02-03-2015, 07:58 PM
T mainly has to do with how much maintenance you're willing to do and know that you can't go out of town for a week and skip water changes

John_Nicholson
02-03-2015, 10:08 PM
With proper care maybe 12 to adulthood. You could raise more than that but they would be too crowded to pair up.

-john

Altum Nut
02-03-2015, 11:52 PM
Being that your from Crocodile Dundee region.lol...You may want to check out Simply member Rod who is a Discus veteran and is from Brisbane, Australia. Reading through your previous posts..I'm not sure your ready to tackle multiple tank full of $$$$$$ Discus.
Best to be sure you have everything in order.
Best of luck...

...Ralph

Keith Perkins
02-04-2015, 12:11 AM
Being that your from Crocodile Dundee region.lol...You may want to check out Simply member Rod who is a Discus veteran and is from Brisbane, Australia. Reading through your previous posts..I'm not sure your ready to tackle multiple tank full of $$$$$$ Discus.
Best to be sure you have everything in order.
Best of luck...

...Ralph

Excellent advice.

timmy82
02-04-2015, 05:27 AM
I normally put them to pair up in 6 foot tanks around 10 is alright with the regular water and cleaning. As for growing out I don't normally split the spawns up untill they near the 1"1/2 but that is of course depending on the spawn size too. Make sure you do your home work before laying out alot of $$$'s