PDA

View Full Version : Terabit and color change

torch
02-05-2015, 10:31 AM
Terabits turn my Yellow Diamond to Orange. Read some info that it may even turn Albino Yellows to orange? What about Blue Diamonds? I am concern because I feed Terabits 2x daily. Thinking of adding Albino Yellow and Neon Sapphire discus to my tank.

yogi
02-05-2015, 10:47 AM
You are correct, they are now called tetra color granules and they are color enhancing. They can add some purple to the dorsal and anal fins of your blue diamonds. If you want your light colored or yellow discus to stay light and yellow you can't feed any color enhancing foods. You also need to stay away from shrimp and krill. How do they make pink flamingos pink?

torch
02-05-2015, 10:54 AM
You are correct, they are now called tetra color granules and they are color enhancing. They can add some purple to the dorsal and anal fins of your blue diamonds. If you want your light colored or yellow discus to stay light and yellow you can't feed any color enhancing foods. You also need to stay away from shrimp and krill. How do they make pink flamingos pink?

I also feed Al's Freezed Dried BW. The FDBW and Tetra color are their main foods. Ok I'm going to swith them over to New Life Spectrum
Discus Formula pellets and see.

Bill63SG
02-05-2015, 12:08 PM
You can also give SERA granules for discus a try.

yogi
02-05-2015, 02:27 PM
I might not of made it clear in my first post. To answer your question you need to stay away from any color enhancers. You need to read the ingredient label of any food you use. You have to stay away form shrimp, krill, carotene, astaxanthin and spirulina. So as far as I know that leaves blackworms, fdbw with no additives and plain beefheart. Good luck, because if they already colored up from the foods your using it will take a while to dissipate.

torch
02-05-2015, 04:54 PM
I might not of made it clear in my first post. To answer your question you need to stay away from any color enhancers. You need to read the ingredient label of any food you use. You have to stay away form shrimp, krill, carotene, astaxanthin and spirulina. So as far as I know that leaves blackworms, fdbw with no additives and plain beefheart. Good luck, because if they already colored up from the foods your using it will take a while to dissipate.

Thanks I'm going to shop for new pellet food.