PDA

View Full Version : Strains and colors

torch
02-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Which strains or colors won't change colors and will never have any vertical lines? Are they Albino ones?

Rudustin
02-05-2015, 05:11 PM
There are many strains that do not have vertical bars. You should go and search here on SD for the strains list. It will be more helpful than I will be. Albinos are not the only strain that have a lack of bars.

warblad79
02-05-2015, 08:30 PM
San merah are barless

rickztahone
02-08-2015, 12:38 PM
In this thread you can get a feel for some discus that do not show stress bars (which aren't that many):
Strains list for beginners (http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?71055-Strain-List-for-Beginners-(pictures))

DISCUS STU
02-09-2015, 01:02 PM
ANY type of strain derived from the Pigeon Blood strain. I think there are at least 4-5 different strains derived from this original strain. Blue Diamonds also don't have striping or "Stress Bars". Wattley blue types though similar do have stress bars.

As far as not changing colors; I think most of them when are ill will fade a bit with the possible exception of the original Pigeon Blood. The stress bars are exactly that and often indicate when the fish is ill so it's not always a good thing to have fish that don't have stress bars.