PDA

View Full Version : seeking harmony

wetcoast
02-10-2015, 02:04 AM
Hi .
I have a group of 5 in a 90 gallons , 4 girls and one omelet lover . one of the female was playing bowling with the other 4 .I put her in her own 30
for the last 3 weeks . the remaining 4 are quite relaxed together . So I'm wondering what could be the smarter next move .
Get more ( males please ! ) , get rid of the blue girl or keep the group of 4 by themselves .
is excessive agression a function of number or personality ?
do different strains display different level of agressivity ?

thanks a lot for sharing and experience .

Bill63SG
02-10-2015, 03:04 AM
First speak English,not wanabee story telling.They are a schooling fish,do better in a group of 5-6,your at the low end.Let them work it out,they are cichlids an agresive fish.If you add more fish after a quarantine it would help to spread the aggression around.

ericNH
02-10-2015, 10:22 AM
In my limited experience, if you remove the aggressive alpha, in the short term you will see a calmer tank. But eventually a new alpha emerges and you'll be back in the same boat, but with one less dicus. I think you should take mr. dilligaf's advice up there, and try to bring your discus numbers up. (And yes, i know what dilligaf means.)

wetcoast
02-11-2015, 12:24 PM
then more it will be .

Bill63SG
02-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Ok Yoda.

wetcoast
02-11-2015, 12:31 PM
same here , but the new alpha is way less ballistic in dominance approach , that was the nature of the question . Thx .
And i learned a new word ...