PDA

View Full Version : Two Discus not eating

srobin20
02-20-2015, 10:52 AM
Hi Members,

Need some help please with the below issue.

Nitrates - 0
Nitrite - 0
Ammonia - 0
Water temperature - 83 degrees

So over last week I notice 3 of my discus stop eating. notice of them lost weight and look very skinny. I also noticed the two of them with jagged fins. I saw one with white stringy poop, hence my guess is hex. One started back eating on and off and the other not in a week.

Treatment so far:
-Metronidazole every night and morning for about a week (1 tsp of jehmco per 90 gallons)
-paraguard daily for a week
-methylene blue dips
-Salt dips
-tried aquarium salt in the tank
-Tried prazipro

Last night I tried Furan2

Maintenance
-While sick daily water changes
-Regular routine twice a week(Wednesday and weekend)

Future plan

Setting up a 10 gallon for these fish to migrate them, but I am not sure what to treat them with. Any advice is appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B5THb33oJHEBUjZOSnM2YXowYXc/edit

srobin20
02-20-2015, 11:10 AM
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B5THb33oJHEBUjZOSnM2YXowYXc/edit

DISCUS STU
02-20-2015, 11:40 AM
Your picture didn't post.

This should probably be in the disease section but it sounds like you're on the right track. I might also treat with Kanamycin Sulfate for internal infections and I don't think it's counter indicated with Metronidazole. 90-92 degrees is also often indicated with Metronidazole but I'd be interested to see what others think about this.

I recently did this treatment and found it to be effective though I waited a few days after the Metro/Prazi to give the fish a chance to rest. I had a female Blue Diamond that looked almost grey and wouldn't eat as well. She is now thriving again due to this treatment.

haile161
02-20-2015, 12:25 PM
my kenny's discus got infected from local petstore discus. I treated them by furan2 and they all are very heathy now. i did w/c 75% a day and treated them with furan 2 atleast 6 to 7 days.