PDA

View Full Version : Oooppsss!!! They Did It Again!!!

Phillydubs
02-26-2015, 07:10 PM
Actually, there is no ooppss about it, these girls once again sent me an amazing order of 5 tremendous and gorgeous fish for my new office tank!

I finally decided that I needed a tank in my office. I have always wanted one, but between two at home, dogs a baby, I didn't think I had the time or energy for an office tank. Then I said to myself, I tend to spend more time in that office than anywhere else, why not give myself something that I love and enjoy and that all of my staff could enjoy! I planted the seed in my partner and brother-in-laws head and next thing I knew there was a 55 gallon in the office, stand filters, the works. The deal was, he would buy the tank, supplies and I would supply the fish, not a bad deal right?

I started to think about what discus I would like in the tank. At home I have a mish mosh of colors and strains and I always see these gorgeous schools of one type/strain and thought I might like to go that route. So I started to browse the sponsors and of course I went right to Chicago Discus because I have had nothing but great experiences with them in the past. I was surprised to see that they had a great stock list and some big boys, which is what I was in search of. After a few e-mails with Josie and explaining my wants and set-up, she told me that a group of Classic Jumbo Leopards would look stunning in my display and boy was she right!

After a painful wait between initially my set up and parameters taking time to get right and then this treacherous weather here, in what seemingly seems to be the entire U.S. the big guys were ready to ship. Miranda was great about communicating with me and navigating the weather. Chicago was brutal and worse than New York at times, it was freezing there, snow here and vice versa. Of course the safety of the fish was the #1 goal and so we waited and planned for their delivery.

Yesterday, at 10:30 AM eastern time my toasty cooler arrived! I could not believe the size of these fish! I even had to double check with them when they sent me the shipping quote because it seemed so high, she said Phil, these fish are huge, and she was not kidding! 5 stunning, hand picked Leopards arrived to my office. They did such a lovely job of selecting them. Although they are the same strain the colors and patterns are so vastly different. I specifically asked that they choose me a nice mix for the mind trick effect. I love how from afar it looks like 5 of the same fish but as you approach you begin to see all of the differences in them, it is a very fun experience to say the least! As if getting 5 of the most stunning discus I have ever laid eyes on was not enough, I see a 6th bag. I had asked them if they were still selling pleccos and she said they weren't but she had some left and would send me one. Yea well, there was not one, not two, not three but FOUR gorgeous, nice sized fancy finned bristle nose plecco's. There is this one albino one that everyone in the office calls Rapunzel because its has the most stunning fins, it really looks like hair!

I mean, you really can not ask for better service, advice and quality discus when you go to the ladies at chicago! I am more than happy with my purchase and can not wait to watch these guys grow and enjoy them for a long time to come! Yes, I did say watch them grow, Miranda said they are barely a year old and are already 6 plus inches, maybe more... With that giant gene in them, who knows where they may end up! All I know is I am excited to see! They are settling in nicely and picking at food, I have a feeling by tomorrow they will be chowing down and all over that tank.

Thanks Again Chicago Discus, you have made my office a very lively place!

Chicago Discus
02-26-2015, 07:42 PM
Phil, it gives us great pleasure to bring happiness to our customers. The fact that you are sharing your love for discus with your coworkers is wonderful, and to bring such beauty to your office is very touching. I hope that your staff enjoys the discus as much as you do in bringing them to your office... we wish you all the best, and thank you for making all the hard work we do worthwhile. Miranda and Josie.

Frankr409
02-26-2015, 08:54 PM
I couldn't agree more, Chicago Discus gets the job done. Having met Josie in person, I can attest to how well they treat their customers. I now have two breeding pairs from the batch I got.

Funny story...during the Christmas holiday, I put a live stream together of my aquarium and played it at my office over all of the tv monitors that we have. My office crew had a great time watching them eat, and splash, etc.

Phillydubs
02-27-2015, 11:46 AM
Frank,

Now that is what I call innovation! Not a bad idea! And the same amount of maintenance! Lol!

I am happy the tank is here in the office and I love the way it turned out, I need to take some pics and post it here for you guys to see... These last few days I have actually been eager to get to work, for my discus of course! Hahah

Phillydubs
02-27-2015, 05:04 PM

Phillydubs
02-27-2015, 05:05 PM

Phillydubs
02-27-2015, 05:12 PM
I am not sure if I did this correctly, 1st time using the pic loader. I wanted to add a few pics of the floating process from wednesday and then a few in tank shots from today. They are still settling a bit so no lights or anything yet... In a few days they should be nice and relaxed and feeling at home. Even so they are all over the tank and they all stay together, it is amazing to see them move as a group. There is a little pecking going on, I suppose they are starting to establish their order...

Phillydubs
03-02-2015, 12:03 PM
Geez, can't a guy get any love on his beautiful Discus from the great ladies at Chicago Discus!!

Chicago Discus
03-02-2015, 12:58 PM
Geez, can't a guy get any love on his beautiful Discus from the great ladies at Chicago Discus!!

There stunning :) what a group.....Josie

Phillydubs
03-02-2015, 02:53 PM
I know you already know they are stunning! You guys hand picked them!! Lolol...

Chicago Discus
03-02-2015, 03:10 PM
We love your discus Phil! And we love you too! Very nice tank. I used to work in an office (another lifetime), and I just can't even begin to imagine my boss setting up a discus tank to make the staff happy! Each one of the Leopards is unique, and they look fantastic as a school. I am sure they will be very happy in their new home.... Miranda

Phillydubs
03-03-2015, 11:15 PM

Phillydubs
03-03-2015, 11:16 PM
They create some array when they swim in a row... It's pretty cool!!

Chicago Discus
03-04-2015, 01:03 PM
Beautiful photo! Quite a group!

Northwoods Discus
03-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Nice looking group. I like the similarity in the whole group but with subtle differences.