PDA

View Full Version : Carfax....

BODYDUB
02-28-2015, 02:05 AM
If anyone has a carfax account please PM me......
Thank you

sdrexler078
02-28-2015, 03:56 PM
I work at a shop and we have it there but personally we don't use it. So many people take care of it with cash so wrecks don't show on carfax. I would recommend bringing it to your mechanic and have them look it over. They can tell you if its been wrecked. They can also tell you if there's future repairs.

Jnotjane
02-28-2015, 06:00 PM
+1 on carfax inaccuracy. Its good to get a general idea of the car's history, but it isn't a foolproof method of verifying the condition of a vehicle. Most dealerships will have free carfax reports available online. I suggest printing those out and taking them with you when you look at a specific vehicle, then really look at the car, especially underneath it where repaired damage is easily hidden, but can be seen if you know what to look for. good luck! I just bought a used vehicle so I can certainly identify!

rickztahone
02-28-2015, 10:32 PM
+1 on carfax inaccuracy. Its good to get a general idea of the car's history, but it isn't a foolproof method of verifying the condition of a vehicle. Most dealerships will have free carfax reports available online. I suggest printing those out and taking them with you when you look at a specific vehicle, then really look at the car, especially underneath it where repaired damage is easily hidden, but can be seen if you know what to look for. good luck! I just bought a used vehicle so I can certainly identify!

This has been my experience. Have the dealer pull up the carfax. If the dealer will not do this simple task for you, then you are at the wrong dealer. Now, if you are talking about a private sale, then I would suggest both you and the owner go to your mechanic and have it do the once over.

BODYDUB
02-28-2015, 10:38 PM
Thank you......