PDA

View Full Version : When Technology throws you a curve...

brewmaster15
03-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Camera technology is really amazing today..and gets better all the time. Even the current smart phones are amazing. My Samsung S5 really has taken some great pictures... as goods as many point and shoot cameras and in some cases better. No matter how good a camera is, or how experienced we think we are at taking a halfway decent picture..sometimes we have those..."what the heck happened here Pictures?"

I was transfering some pics from the fall off my phone this morning and I came across one picture.. It as a cloudy and overcast, light drizzle. Most of the cameras pics came out okay... all things considered... but theres was one that is rather weird.. This was
taken with the my phone... haven't altered it all....

No idea what happened, and probably could not duplicate it if I tried, but its actually a really neat pictures. Just one of those techno glitches...

it does make a pretty decent grayscale image..

Anyone have any "what the heck happened here ?" pics.

al

RogueDiscus
03-08-2015, 12:01 PM
The lower right corner of my phone's camera screen has three color circles as a button to access changing settings like this. As a photographer, you've probably found that, but thought I'd point it out.

Discus-n00b
03-08-2015, 12:42 PM
I was about to say, maybe your finger hit one of the fancy effects that phones have now? Selective color or something? Pretty cool regardless. Almost has an IR feel to it.

brewmaster15
03-08-2015, 12:45 PM
HI Steve,
What kind of phone do you have? On my s5 I have to go into settings... then effects... then pick an effect... None of whch I did, but even then none of those effects come close to this...no idea what happened Lol.

al

RogueDiscus
03-08-2015, 01:27 PM
Hi Al,
I have apple's 5s. Got it this past fall. It's made a big difference for the quality of pics I can post. Those circles are on the bottom strip when in camera mode, but yeah, the "process" setting maybe comes closest, but not quite. Looks like only the reds are registering on yours.

nc0gnet0
03-08-2015, 01:44 PM
HI Steve,
What kind of phone do you have? On my s5 I have to go into settings... then effects... then pick an effect... None of whch I did, but even then none of those effects come close to this...no idea what happened Lol.

al

I think you found the hidden "Shrek" button

Second Hand Pat
03-08-2015, 03:40 PM
I think you found the hidden "Shrek" button

or fat fingers :o

brewmaster15
03-08-2015, 07:43 PM
or fat fingers :o Not likely at all.:)

brewmaster15
03-08-2015, 07:50 PM
Note the Boys clothes with the Arrow pointing....

compared to the colors here...

brewmaster15
03-08-2015, 07:53 PM
If you look close... Its like Reds and Blues are inverted.. Look real close at the cartoon on the boys shirt and the colors of the shirt itself ... you will see what I mean.

rickztahone
03-16-2015, 01:52 PM
that is pretty cool. It is like an inverse image on steroids, lol. The sucky part about this? It probably can not be recreated if you tried :(