PDA

View Full Version : feeding BH

Blademan
03-09-2015, 03:01 AM
My fish are between 4-5inch in lenght, I am feeding frozen blood worms, pellets, flake, and freeze dried tubifex, I recently made a mix of pork heart (cannot get beef heart in China), liver, shrimp, vegatables, egg yolk as I just wanted to try it , only feed them once it last night, and they eat it but not convincingly, my question is what age/size would you stop feeding BH to your discus, I am not trying to produce huge fish in a short time, just want to try to provide a varied diet and keep them healthy

blueluv
03-09-2015, 10:14 PM
There're discus hobbiest here who feed BH exclusively. Is your aquarium bare bottom ?

Blademan
03-10-2015, 05:23 AM
There're discus hobbiest here who feed BH exclusively. Is your aquarium bare bottom ?

yes I have BB tank

John_Nicholson
03-10-2015, 09:36 AM
I would frop the liver. It makes a mess. I stop feeding my discus BH shortly after the die of old age......

-john

Blademan
03-11-2015, 12:39 AM
I would frop the liver. It makes a mess. I stop feeding my discus BH shortly after the die of old age......

-john

John thanks for your advice they are really coming round to it, but only feed this once a day,you are correct about the liver it does make a mess what do you think of this homemade recipe, porkheart (just cannot get beefheart here !!!) salmon,shrimp garlic, peas, carrots, I could also throw some discus pellets and flake food, would it benifit the fish or would I be wasting my time, also how many times would you feed this a day.

John_Nicholson
03-11-2015, 09:25 AM
Your mix should be fine. I feed BH mix twice a day. It is all I feed. I also siphon the tanks twice a day to remove any uneaten food.

-john

Blademan
03-12-2015, 01:21 AM
Your mix should be fine. I feed BH mix twice a day. It is all I feed. I also siphon the tanks twice a day to remove any uneaten food.

-john

I made a batch last night, and gave them a try, they all seemed to like this better than the one with the liver :)

Blademan
03-12-2015, 01:29 AM

-john

I made a batch last night, and gave them a try, they all seemed to like this better than the one with the liver :)