PDA

View Full Version : How would you react...

brewmaster15
04-02-2015, 09:18 AM
You buy a product for $350 , pay immediately. Receive it and its defective. They give you a Returns Goods authorization and so you return it expecting a refund in a reasonable time frame. You had it in your possession literally less than a day. But due to internal reasons the company can't process any refunds for 2 weeks, and then their stated policy says to expect 7-10 days for the credit to show up on your credit card statement. So basically you are out $350 for at least 2-3 weeks. What would you do?

al

pitdogg2
04-02-2015, 09:28 AM
never do business with them again.

Northwoods Discus
04-02-2015, 09:33 AM
Call and ask to speak with a manager. We have gotten better resolution to problems with that approach in the past. It may or may not help but worth a try.

jmf3460
04-02-2015, 09:38 AM
mehh, I work for a sanitary distributor. Although I don't work in invoicing I know how long it takes to settle cc orders and issue refunds. It takes our lady at least 3 days to post a cc invoice bc she has to wait for the final amount to settle after shipping and handling and taxes etc. IT DOES NOT TAKE 7-10 days though. But I would just not buy from them again.

Second Hand Pat
04-02-2015, 09:39 AM
I guess my first reaction is to say "What can I do about it?" and the second reaction is to complain at the highest level I could. If I got "we have an internal problem" I would say, not my problem...fix it and return my money within the stated company policy. If I still did not get an acceptable response I would complain to whatever local/online outside agency I could.

My husband has learned that complaining via email to the highest level he can does reap rewards.

Pat

nc0gnet0
04-02-2015, 10:06 AM
I would call my credit card company.

DiscusOnly
04-02-2015, 10:13 AM
You buy a product for $350 , pay immediately. Receive it and its defective. They give you a Returns Goods authorization and so you return it expecting a refund in a reasonable time frame. You had it in your possession literally less than a day. But due to internal reasons the company can't process any refunds for 2 weeks, and then their stated policy says to expect 7-10 days for the credit to show up on your credit card statement. So basically you are out $350 for at least 2-3 weeks. What would you do?

al

Al,

File a dispute with CC company.

At least you got an item. I ordered side steps for my SUV on Sears.com and never even my item while CC was charged. They even tried to send me a tracking number that shows it was delivered.

I know is kind of miss-used with the credit dispute feature but they will put a hold on that charge so you don't have to pay until it's resolved.

So in essence, you are not really out of any money.

Tankster
04-02-2015, 10:13 AM
I would call my credit card company.

+1

brewmaster15
04-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Ah, I would call my CC company, but in this case its paypal and opening a dispute with them automatically gives the seller 20 days to resolve the issue...which puts me at the same time point.

al

Discus-n00b
04-02-2015, 12:36 PM
I'd go the highest level I could to see if anything could be done. Depending on the object, why it was being returned/how it got defective and how the company handles things that are well in their control I will determine if they deserve my business in the future. Sometimes I just feel like it's part of the process unfortunently of it's something like a piece of tech.

Len
04-02-2015, 01:26 PM
Id contact the company and ask to speak to a manager. Once they issue the refund, it could in fact take that long to post so unfortunately that is out of their control. The fact that they have an internal problem preventing them from issuing the refund in a timely manner is not or should not be your problem so it would be interesting to see what they are willing to do to make it right. A credit or gift gard, etc would at least show they are doing something to compensate you in some way and invest in your future business.

nc0gnet0
04-02-2015, 05:28 PM
Ask your postman what he would do.

zimmjeff
04-02-2015, 08:06 PM
Lawers guns and Money. Jeff

Ardan
04-03-2015, 07:03 PM
I saw on the news tonight that if you don't get satisfaction from the company with a dispute, via email or phone, then

Social media is a very powerful tool to use.......

Ardan