PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus!!! 14 years and going strong! Lets Celebrate!

brewmaster15
04-03-2015, 09:10 AM
I always get a little sentimental this time of year. Its hard to believe that our forum is entering its 14th year of existence. By forum standards, this website is OLD!!!!! WE have been lucky over the years to have some incredible members that have helped this site in so many ways. Some have stayed in the hobby and some have moved on. They all left their mark in some way and have helped make this website the excellent place it is today. Websites are a dime a dozen, but what we have here is not just a website, its not just a face book group, or a huge social media site, Its more. Its a community of Discus Keepers, Discus Lovers, and Friends. A place where you can come for help, come to share , come to learn about Discus and make connections that can last you a life time. We have a wide mix of colorful individuals here, we have people with huge hearts that step up and try help others in the community. And we have some of the most experienced discus keepers on the planet that call this place home. This forum has been a blessing to many hobbyists getting started and its been a source of support for those having issues. In many ways we are like a family here. We may not always agree and we may get irritated by someone here, but at the end of the day, One thing binds us together..That crazy passion for a round cichlid we call "Discus" and our Home on the web , "SimplyDiscus"

To celebrate this occassion we have a few things we will be doing this month. Foremost is we will be starting the party off with a special birthday auction here. Lawrence Soon of Lucky Tropical has pulled out all the stops and hand raised and picked for us a group of 4 beautifully spotted Discus that we plan to auction off. Josie and Miranda of Chicago Discus have been kind enough to facilitate this by importing these fish, and will ship them for Lawrence to the winner of the auction. They will also be generously paying for the shipping.

Other things you can look forward to is a very special spot light where our guest is non-other than SimplyDiscus itself. DiscusPaul has worked very hard on this interview. As you can imagine a forum as large as Simply is very busy.:)

Another thing we will be doing is a special drawing for an anniversary t-shirt that 5 members will have the chance to receive free.

I'm still kicking around a few other things but those will be surprises .

Please Join me in wishing SimplyDiscus a very Happy Birthday this Month. WE may be going into our 14th year, but trust me, we are just getting started!:)

Thank you everyone, and Thank you SimplyDiscus:), You've been a close friend through the years, and I do think I would be very lost without you and the community here.

Al

Keith Perkins
04-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Well Happy Birthday...and pass the cake please.

Rick S
04-03-2015, 09:30 AM
Happy Birthday Simply, and thanks to you AL, without you none of this would have happened. I've been here since the beginning from Jeggs to Simply and it's been a great ride.

Bud Smith
04-03-2015, 09:40 AM
Happy B Day - living where I do most people do not even know what a discus is. Simply is my connection to all phases of discus keeping. A great forum with some good people.

oliverk
04-03-2015, 09:46 AM
Very Happy Birthday!

How old would that be in discus years? You know a dog year is about 7 to 1 in Internet years it is Ancient!

Congrats!

Ed13
04-03-2015, 09:51 AM
Happy Birthday Simply!! And a big THANK YOU to those that make it possible!!!

Altum Nut
04-03-2015, 10:12 AM
Let's celebrate... :balloon:Happy 14th Birthday:balloon: to Simply Discus.
Could not have been possible first without the hard work by Simply staff behind scenes but mostly because of the great Simply member community that has been established throughout the years.
Cheers, I'll drink to that:D

niqhil
04-03-2015, 11:35 AM
Happy birthday to you ! Happy birthday dear Simply, happy birthday to you !

This is phenomenal effort by the Simply team and all the moderators ! Hats off to you guys .

novjoe
04-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Happy Birthday! :D

blueluv
04-03-2015, 11:49 AM
Happy Birthday Simply Discus ! :D :balloon::balloon:

Solid
04-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Credit/Source (https://www.flickr.com/photos/mcleod/6756342081/)

Rudustin
04-03-2015, 12:29 PM
Happy Birthday SD. Rufus

Kritter420
04-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Happy birthday simply! Cheers!

aequifasciatus
04-03-2015, 04:47 PM
Happy Birthday Simply!!!:D
You're a midlle-aged teenager now so behave yourself.

Keep up the good work Al;)

Rob

Exotic-Discus
04-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus.

Kingdom Come Discus
04-03-2015, 05:13 PM
Happy, Happy Birthday Simply!!!! Very kind of Lawrence for his donation!!! Thanks to Chicago Discus for bringing them to the States.

MKD
04-03-2015, 05:19 PM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus.com and many more years to come.

Hooray hooray hooray

Phillydubs
04-03-2015, 09:27 PM
I have to say I have kept and been a huge fan lover and obsessor of all things fish and aquarium since I was a very young boy. I always had andoved fish. It was not until I found simply and his forum that my passion and excitement for a certian species and the people who keep them went to an all time high. Since I found and became a participant here on simply my love for these fish and the hobby in general grows on a daily basis. To come here and read, write and learn is a true pleasure and one I will always be grateful for. I'm not a facebook or Twitter guy. I'm a sports and simply guy. I go to my sports blogs and pages and I'm always looking and checking here for updates posts and interesting reads.

I'm very grateful for this site and hope it lasts for years and years to come. Keeping fish is fun, challenging and an adventure and to have a place like simply to buy great strains supplies and come for advice is a true blessing!

Happy birthday simply !!! We are birthday brothers as mine is tomorrow!! ;)

Driftwood Mike
04-03-2015, 09:56 PM
Happy Birthday SD & Thank You Al & Staff For Making It All Happen

nc0gnet0
04-03-2015, 10:03 PM
Happy Birthday Simply!

Hello puberty?

:)

-Rick

AngryBird
04-03-2015, 10:22 PM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus.com!... thanks to everyone that keeps this place going!

Second Hand Pat
04-04-2015, 08:34 AM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus. I am proud to part of your present and hope to be part of the shaping of your future. Many, many thanks to Al and the rest of the SimplyDiscus team for running this place. Most importantly, many thanks to our membership, without you we would not be here. :D
Pat

Ardan
04-04-2015, 09:13 AM
Happy Birthday Simply Discus!
Seems like yesterday.....:)

Ardan

RUZDO.O
04-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus: fish:

113iokepa
04-04-2015, 10:41 AM
Hauoli Hanau (Happy Birthday) as my discus dance to your 14th celebration. Thanks for all your help. Simply awesome!!!!!!!!

bornlooser
04-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Many happy returns of the day Simply..and well done to those behind the scenes.

wdeleon01
04-04-2015, 01:35 PM
Happy Birthday SD.

Twistofer
04-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Party Hardy

slp
04-04-2015, 02:09 PM
Happy birthday simply. I had discus several years ago and did everything wrong. I credit simply with my renewed interest in discus and with a place to do s
at some of the things right this time. The info on this site is invaluable. Maybe someone could take the info here and write a book with simply being the author and all proceeds from sales going toward keeping this great site growing.

Steve

Arizona Discus
04-04-2015, 08:26 PM
Happy Birthday SD :-)

brewmaster15
04-04-2015, 09:35 PM

Happy birthday simply !!! We are birthday brothers as mine is tomorrow!! ;)

happy birthday! Great month to have a birthday! :)
al

DiscusRob
04-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Happy Birthday Simply Discus:bounce2::bounce2::bounce2::bounce2:

PAR23
04-05-2015, 08:51 PM
Happy Birthday SD!!!! 14 years and going strong thanks to the entire community. I have met some of the nicest people through SD and consider them all friends. So here is to SD........Happy Birthday and many more to come.

rickztahone
04-06-2015, 11:57 AM
And many MOOOOOOOORE.....

AquariumAdventuresLarry
04-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Happy Birthday SimplyDiscus.

Happy Birthday Simply!!!! I have been looking at this forum since I started in the discus hobby in early November. I am glad that I found you all cause I started off buying fish from 3 different local fish stores and 2 local craig's list guys. I put them all in my big 300 gallon show tank. Well, you all know how that turned out. :(

I have been keeping African Cichlids for over 15 years and have a full time aquarium maintenance company. This place is amazing. All the articles, threads and just mad wisdom that is available to the reader is fantastic. I have 25 Discus coming in a few days from Kenny!!!!!!! I am so excited that I can hardly wait!!!!

Again, thank you for being available to all.

Larry

Steve&Tammy
04-08-2015, 01:24 PM
Happy Birthday to ALL Simply Discus people!! You are ALL appreciated.

boonseong
04-09-2015, 02:23 PM
Boy, this forum is getting old....but in a GOOD way!! Happy birthday!

DISCUS STU
04-09-2015, 04:28 PM
I'm relatively new here compared to some of the pioneers but all the best to Simply, and to AL and the other hosts, and moderators as well for making this great informational forum possible.

Cheers and don't share the champagne with the fish!

DiscusRob
04-09-2015, 10:24 PM
I'm relatively new here compared to some of the pioneers but all the best to Simply, and to AL and the other hosts, and moderators as well for making this great informational forum possible.

Cheers and don't share the champagne with the fish!

Stu, what do you think makes the discus breed:):):):)

Well it is a birthday party:):)

Lytehouse
04-10-2015, 02:00 AM
Happy Birthday SD
Awesome forum and community

lkleung007
04-17-2015, 10:47 AM
Happy Birthday Simply!!

Al...you and I go way back...before there was Simply Discus. It seemed like overnight this forum became the go to place for everything discus and it still is. After 15 years, I continue to learn from the great mods and members on Simply Discus.

Here's to many more great years to come!!

Regards, Lester