04-08-2015, 02:01 PM
i can't believe my eyes!!!:)

The real deal ........Josie

Chicago Discus
04-08-2015, 02:01 PM
These guys are HUGE

dactylus
04-08-2015, 05:01 PM
Is the black on their bodies nerve damage?

Chicago Discus
04-08-2015, 05:19 PM

The Half-moon Blue Diamonds are bred from Half-moon Blue Diamond parents. It is genetic. These fish are not damaged or altered in any way... Miranda

Lucky Tropical
04-09-2015, 07:56 PM
Half moon or so called half black blue dimaond is another very controversial topic .......
this fish first show up long long back ago,,,,,,,more than 10 years .
Lots of people say it was nerve damage,and some say is Ph shock,and even some say drip in cold water ,,,,,,,,,
So,let me question back ,why when i cross these half black blue diamond with blue diamond bulldog ,the black fade and percentage is low .
I am not the scientist and not also the doctor ,i am just the high school,my english is very poor ,not well educate .
This fish is original from a breeder at Penang ,i just find it was interesting and then i bring back to my farm,,,,,,,
at that time lots of people say i am crazy ,why buy all those nerve damage discus with high price
But i just like it,so i buy,i know it was not nerve damage,i am in discus field over 27 years ,i know very well this is something new ,,so i just buy it.

lots of people say i drip into cold water and make it black ,so i just say why don't they drip and see the blue diamond can turn to half back.
And some even say i i make sudden PH changed fom PH 7.5 and place into PH 4,,,,,,so i just ask them do it ,let see can the blue diamond turn half black or not,,,,,,,,

warblad79
04-09-2015, 08:05 PM

It's kind a like human with birth mark. if the nerve is damage the fish will not swim properly.

rickztahone
04-09-2015, 08:09 PM
Half moon or so called half black blue dimaond is another very controversial topic .......
Lots of people say it was nerve damage,and some say is Ph shock,and even some say drip in cold water ,,,,,,,,,
So,let me question back ,why when i cross these half black blue diamond with blue diamond bulldog ,the black fade and percentage is low .
I am not the scientist and not also the doctor ,i am just the high school,my english is very poor ,not well educate .
This fish is original from a breeder at Penang ,i just find it was interesting and then i bring back to my farm,,,,,,,
at that time lots of people say i am crazy ,why buy all those nerve damage discus with high price
But i just like it,so i buy,i know it was not nerve damage,i am in discus field over 27 years ,i know very well this is something new ,,so i just buy it.

lots of people say i drip into cold water and make it black ,so i just say why don't they drip and see the blue diamond can turn to half back.
And some even say i i make sudden PH changed fom PH 7.5 and place into PH 4,,,,,,so i just ask them do it ,let see can the blue diamond turn half black or not,,,,,,,,

Thank you for this explanation as well. As with anything else in life, everyone has their own likes/dislikes. That is the thing that makes us all separate entities, our subjectivism. So, I see why you would like these and want to develop them, they are certainly different. Is it to my taste? Not really, but neither are bulldogs but I can always appreciate someone's effort to develop something to be different. Thanks for sharing.

Discus-n00b
04-09-2015, 08:16 PM
I actually kind of like them. Reminds me of dairy cows. Would be interesting if you could develop it further. Have a blue and black marble discus or something. Maybe this is the start to the elaborate Zebra color scheme. If I had a discus tank I might be interested but sadly I don't at this time. Good luck with the sale Josie!

Chicago Discus
04-09-2015, 09:23 PM
I actually kind of like them. Reminds me of dairy cows. Would be interesting if you could develop it further. Have a blue and black marble discus or something. Maybe this is the start to the elaborate Zebra color scheme. If I had a discus tank I might be interested but sadly I don't at this time. Good luck with the sale Josie!

Thanks Matt, when I first seen pictures of these guys I thought all kinds of strange things but when I went to maylasia I fell in love with them. They don't last long in the hatchery people like them.....josie

Trac
04-11-2015, 02:53 AM

Again, thank you Lawrence for sharing and hope in the near future there will black discus for us :smiley: