PDA

View Full Version : Tornados from Hell

Chicago Discus
04-10-2015, 10:44 AM
Hello Guys,

Say a little prayer for the people who were hit by the tornados last night here in Illinois. We were hit pretty bad yesterday here in this State by the devastating force of the tornados. We were very lucky at Chicago Discus not to be in the tornados path. But the winds were out of this world. Just wanted to share.....Josie

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-illinois-tornadoes-20150410-story.html#page=1

http://abcnews.go.com/US/tiny-illinois-town-slammed-deadly-tornado/story?id=30217421

Chicago Discus
04-10-2015, 11:05 AM
I have family in northern Il that have horse farms and they are all ok....

Jnotjane
04-10-2015, 11:14 AM
I'm so glad to hear that you and you family and friends are ok. I grew up in Houston and we had a killer tornado strike the Channelview area in the early nineties. Everyone I knew either had a family member or friend effected by it. Looked like someone dropped a bomb on the city. Stay safe.

Phillydubs
04-10-2015, 11:54 AM
Wow! I am just reading all of this now... Devastating... After living through Sandy here, having our homes and businesses smashed, ruined and maimed I know how these people feel. I used to never really give it much thought in the past, pre-sandy, when I saw destruction. Once you live through something like that and feel the effects to the core, you know and feel for anyone and everyone who has to suffer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all...

Thank God it didn't get to you and the hatchery!

Chicago Discus
04-10-2015, 12:28 PM
Wow! I am just reading all of this now... Devastating... After living through Sandy here, having our homes and businesses smashed, ruined and maimed I know how these people feel. I used to never really give it much thought in the past, pre-sandy, when I saw destruction. Once you live through something like that and feel the effects to the core, you know and feel for anyone and everyone who has to suffer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you all...

Thank God it didn't get to you and the hatchery!

I was so freaked out yesterday one for my cousin and her horse farm near Woodstock IL and thank god we just got high winds here it was pretty scary. Thank you for your nice thoughts for my family and I :)......Josie

Phillydubs
04-10-2015, 12:51 PM
Any power outages or anything like that?

Do you have backup generators there to protect your stock?

RogueDiscus
04-10-2015, 03:45 PM
Best wishes for everyone. Glad you are OK.

Second Hand Pat
04-10-2015, 03:48 PM
Wow Josie, glad you, Miranda, John and the rest of the family are ok. Scary stuff and and prayers to all those affected.
Pat

blueluv
04-10-2015, 04:37 PM
I'm glad you and your family are ok. Pretty scary to go thru something like that. Prayers to you , your family and all those affected.

Altum Nut
04-10-2015, 04:41 PM
Glad to hear Josie you and Miranda are fine but thoughts and prayers are with all who have been affected.
Hope others from the surrounding area chime-in so we know your all ok.

...Ralph