PDA

View Full Version : What Silly Things do you do today that you did as a child.

Second Hand Pat
04-19-2015, 12:46 PM
and might feel a little silly doing in front of other adults.

For me growing up as a tomboy and continuing to be one today those things are numerous and include catching lizards, snakes, grasshoppers and numerous other small creatures. I am still one for grabbing a net and jumping in any body of water to catch small fish, shrimp and whatever. I love to lick the spoon or beaters when making a cake.

When I do some of this stuff it brings back wonderful memories as a kid and reminds me to keep a young mindset.
Pat

Solid
04-19-2015, 01:12 PM
I ride shopping carts In the grocery store. This always gets looks...

Second Hand Pat
04-19-2015, 01:21 PM
I ride shopping carts In the grocery store. This always gets looks...

That's a good one. Need to try that and let my hubby push me :p

Altum Nut
04-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Let me see...I still drop a quarter when I'm next to a gorgeous women in a short skirt...the only difference back then, they were pennies. lol

Just kidding...I'm a respected individual. Watched the movie SPASH the other day and it just came to mind.

...Ralph

rickztahone
04-19-2015, 08:51 PM
Let me see...I still drop a quarter when I'm next to a gorgeous women in a short skirt...the only difference back then, they were pennies. lol

...Ralph

lol

I still run around in the monkey bars with my kids at the park and the other parents just look at me like I'm nuts!

blueluv
04-19-2015, 09:08 PM
Well as a kid I enjoyed eating PB&J with sweet gherkins and still do.

dagray
04-20-2015, 12:27 PM
I still love catching snakes, turtles, lizards, toads, and some bugs :) I would get in trouble (and still do) for bringing Bull Snakes home that I caught on the road. These are harmless and eat mice, spiders, other bugs.

But I have to warn my wife if she is the one emptying my lunch bucket.... I have left a five footer in there one day just to see her reaction (it was in a small cooler so it wouldn't overheat and I didn't have ice in the cooler so it wouldn't get too cold either.

Scribbles
04-20-2015, 07:46 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who still slides across the floor in their socks, eats cold pizza for breakfast, or flushes the toilet when someone is in the shower.

Chris

dagray
04-20-2015, 08:18 PM
Surely I'm not the only one who still slides across the floor in their socks, eats cold pizza for breakfast, or flushes the toilet when someone is in the shower.

Chris

I tried to slide across the floor in my footy pajamas, but the manufacturer puts a non-slip sole on them..... And yes at 6'3" I do wear footy pajamas

And here is me when my son was newborn almost five years ago in those footy jammies
http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb277/lizardman_u/Babies/Kangaroo%20Dad_zps2zzumktz.jpg (http://s211.photobucket.com/user/lizardman_u/media/Babies/Kangaroo%20Dad_zps2zzumktz.jpg.html)

Solid
04-20-2015, 09:18 PM

Chris

LOL! Guilty on all charges. Mmm cold pizza.

Second Hand Pat
04-20-2015, 09:23 PM
Cold pizza in the morning must be a guy thing lol.
Pat

Scribbles
04-21-2015, 12:57 PM
Cold pizza in the morning must be a guy thing lol.
Pat

Guess again. I have been a woman for as long as I can remember. lol

Chris

Second Hand Pat
04-21-2015, 01:00 PM
Guess again. I have been a woman for as long as I can remember. lol

Chris

LOL Sorry Chris but still sounds like a guy thing :p ...but there are exceptions to most things
Pat

Ryan
04-21-2015, 10:51 PM
I still check behind a shower curtain when I go into a bathroom to make sure no axe murderer is going to hack me to death while I'm peeing.

rickztahone
04-21-2015, 11:47 PM
I still check behind a shower curtain when I go into a bathroom to make sure no axe murderer is going to hack me to death while I'm peeing.

:laugh:

Second Hand Pat
04-22-2015, 08:09 AM

Ryan, you reminded me about the bogey man who use to hide under my bed at night as a child. Today I will still watch some horror flicks thru my fingers.

dragon1974
04-22-2015, 10:21 AM
pull my finger.....Come on......Do it, do it, do it.....

Love playing tent with the kids.

Rudustin
04-22-2015, 05:30 PM
I am a Disney Child! Every time I am in Orlando I always save a day to go to the Magic Kingdom! And of course Harry Potter!!!!

brewmaster15
04-22-2015, 06:39 PM
I still catch and keep all those critters....only problem is I do it more Now!

I used spend hours mucking around in ponds and bogs...still do.

Used to collect all manner of things...the collections have changed but I still do.

I still love a good peanut butter and fluff sandwich.

Used to watch alot of cartoons...now I watch alot of anime.

Use to do alot of really dangerous dumb things and miraculously got away with it unharmed..still do those things but my luck seems to have run out.

in retrospect ....i havent changed much lol.
Al

Ps..cold pizza still rocks ..any time of day...same for cold pasta or lasagne!