PDA

View Full Version : Lionhead Fish Bully vs Girl + Injured swimming upside down now.

markjohnsonnyc
04-20-2015, 11:13 AM
HI I have a 5 gallon tank with filter with two lion-head fish, one boy and one girl, the boy had grown 3 times the size, the girl is just getting more swollen in her back belly, did not have babies. The shop said she was pregnant when we bought them. Its been 6 months. The boy has become so aggressive that he has tried several times to constantly pummel her on her side against the gravel. I put in a separation slider for 2 weeks, and they seemed great with that. Tried putting them back together and the "bully" boy tried attacking her again right away within 90 seconds, separated them again. After 5 days let them mingle again, left them overnight woke up to an injured girl with ripped tail fin and she is swimming upside down.

What should I do? I am thinking flush the boy, and get the girl back to health and let her live alone?

Thank you!
;)
mark

Larry Bugg
04-20-2015, 12:08 PM
New strain of discus??

rickztahone
04-20-2015, 12:31 PM
Hello Mark, I am sorry you are experiencing fish difficulties. The reality of it is that we specialize in discus on this forum. I am not sure what is wrong with your fish, but unfortunately I am not sure this is the place to ask. You may want to go to another forum that can help with these type of issues concerning this specific type of fish.

Additionally, please DO NOT, flush ANY fish down the toilet, that is in case you meant that literally. I hope you get an answer somewhere else, but for now, I will lock this thread.