PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Sick Discus - Fat Belly Please help!

prashantv
04-27-2015, 12:02 AM
Hi
I am new to discus keeping & i am facing a problem
My blue diamond is sick i like this guy very much & i would do any thing to save him. Any quick help on how to cure him will be really helpful

2. Symptoms
He was totally fine yesterday night, very active as he always was but suddenly i wake up this morning & i see him suffering.
He has bloated belly & swimming upside down.
He was full blue & now he is white also he is using his gill fins a lot more than before almost more than 80%. also he isn't swimming good. He bumps into substrate & this fast moving gill fins are scary. I also noticed his slimy cote peeling of. So i tried to put him in a position where he doesn't have to swim a lot & use his gill fins too much as he was using lot of energy. It seem to be working now in that state he is not using it too much

I already tried salt bath for about 40mins, i saw him getting worse in there so i didn't want to overdo

These are his symptoms. Please help me how to cure him

tank is been running from quite some time for about 2 months with discus in it

I have 3 discus. Other two are healthy. This guy was second in the pecking order.
I have 3 German blue ram, 8 red eye tetra, 6 penguin tetra
They all seem to be fine as well

Tank is with sand substrate & i did a water change 2days before
Ph. Is around 6 to 7
See his pics below

this is the thing coming off its body

Thanks

Ardan
04-27-2015, 06:37 AM
Use some "Epsom Salt" 2 tblsp per 10 gallons

Ardan

prashantv
04-27-2015, 02:35 PM
Hey Ardan
Thanks for your help. I did gave it a salt bath. It seem to be recovering well. It pooped a lot & now its belly is thinner.

But it is still using its gill fins a lot faster compared with other two.
Is this any issue to worry about or is it normal. It also swim faster looking everywhere for something.
That bothers me

Thanks for your help

krislewis3
05-03-2015, 11:53 AM
Are you suggesting 2 Tablespoons per 10 gallons?? I thought I read 2 teaspoons per 10 gallons. Which is accurate??

Use some "Epsom Salt" 2 tblsp per 10 gallons

Ardan

Ardan
05-04-2015, 06:41 AM
Yes, 2 "Tablespoons per 10 gallons" and it has to be "Epsom salt" used for soaking feet extra at the pharmacy section most stores. Not regular salt. The Epsom salt is a laxative for the fish.

hth
Ardan