PDA

View Full Version : When do discus develop colors?

Taitea
05-25-2015, 10:57 PM
8725987260Hey SD members, I was curious on when my discus I got from my LFS will color up. I've had them for several weeks now. The Cobalt and Red Marlboro were 2.5" when I got them, and now they're 3" and the BSS was around 3-3.5" when I got him, now he's 4".

Kev29
05-26-2015, 02:20 AM
looks like they got some color to me.. if you want them to grow healthy you just need to change the water like crazy and feed them quality beefheart or freeze dried blackworms. Guaranteed to grow big and colorful. Remember though try and get daily water changes if you can when they are young. Make sure the temps are nice and warm also when they are juvies.

Taitea
05-26-2015, 04:54 AM
I actually do 80% water changes daily in their 75g BB tank. I feed FDBW, FBW, my beefheart mix, and going to order Cobalt Discus flakes this week.

Quintin
05-26-2015, 06:13 AM
They look good.you dnt want them to color to early.Give it time it will hapen but there are also some that keep a light color so dnt stress too much.What age you think they are.ive had some only color up properly at 1 and a hlf years

DISCUS STU
05-26-2015, 03:23 PM
They seem to be developing nicely. The one on the top looks like a nice Snakeskin.

Taitea
05-26-2015, 06:20 PM
Ah thank you for the compliments everyone. Ever since I got into discus every other FW fish seems boring to me. I don't mind the daily water changes, it makes everything fun. But it's nice to know they're growing nicely. Does anyone have a picture of an adult Cobalt? Or know what kind of Marlboro I have? I seen different variations, and was wondering