PDA

View Full Version : Help with building a MR1 Purigen reactor.

ESXiGuy
05-26-2015, 12:56 AM
I was initially planning on putting some bags of Purigen in a HOB filter while the canisters drove the mech and bio - but it seems like the optimal route to go is powering purigen through a media reactor. Seems a few of the members have built some sweet looking setups so had a few questions I was hoping someone could help with.

1 - Is this a good and complete setup for a 180 gallon tank? It comes with a pump. I heard you could drive it with a canister but this is probably the right sized pump and the idea is not to get the fastest flow through rate correct?

http://www.marinedepot.com/NextReef_MR1_Complete_GFO_and_Carbon_Filter_Media_ Reactor_Chemical_Reactors-NextReef-NX1113-FIFRISCR-vi.html

2 - How much purigen product would be suitable for the MR1?

3 - Will I need to put anything in between the purigen and the sponges the MR1 comes with? I know they are really tiny particles!

4 - When the time comes, how should the purigen be regenerated? Dumped into a jar? I think I read a comment of regenerating it while it is inside the chamber but that seems a bit risky with chlorine residue?

5 - For the return into the tank, should I just let it flow right from tubing to the tank or is there something else I can connect to the plumbing to optimize the use of the reactor?

Thanks in advance for your help!