PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: Best way to sell my discus fish

Heartbreaker
06-24-2015, 04:47 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site, but I was wondering if someone could let me know what would be the best way to sell my discus fish.. They are all very healthy and just got out of quarantine, but unfortunately I need to do an overhaul. Any advice, thoughts, etc?

Thanks

LizStreithorst
06-24-2015, 04:50 PM
Aquabid

Second Hand Pat
06-24-2015, 04:55 PM
Hi, I'm new to this site, but I was wondering if someone could let me know what would be the best way to sell my discus fish.. They are all very healthy and just got out of quarantine, but unfortunately I need to do an overhaul. Any advice, thoughts, etc?

Thanks

If these are your personal fish you are more then welcome to create a thread in the Buy/Sale/Trade forum.
Pat

Heartbreaker
06-24-2015, 06:13 PM
If these are your personal fish you are more then welcome to create a thread in the Buy/Sale/Trade forum.
Pat

Thanks and yes they are my personal fish. I guess I'm just worried because 1) I've never done this and 2) I don't have any oxygen to put in the plastic bags they go in, or heat packs, find where to get them etc...

Solid
06-24-2015, 06:29 PM
I would try to sell them locally if you are not prepared to ship them. You can also try Craigslist.

Second Hand Pat
06-24-2015, 06:42 PM
Thanks and yes they are my personal fish. I guess I'm just worried because 1) I've never done this and 2) I don't have any oxygen to put in the plastic bags they go in, or heat packs, find where to get them etc...

As Matt suggested sell them locally. There is a lot to shipping fish beside the mechanics of bagging and boxing.

rickztahone
06-24-2015, 07:00 PM
As Matt suggested sell them locally. There is a lot to shipping fish beside the mechanics of bagging and boxing.

couldn't have agreed more. If you are adament about shipping them however, have a local fish place help you with this. Do not be suprised when they tell you the shipping total though.

LizStreithorst
06-24-2015, 07:15 PM
agreed

Heartbreaker
06-25-2015, 05:42 AM
ugh... I hate to ask the one closest to me that I go to the most due to the fact they have repeatedly expressed how their business is not doing so well. I may have to try another a bit further off.

That being said, I would rather do that then do shipping.

CliffsDiscus
06-25-2015, 05:37 PM
Sell them to your local fish store, they will only give you the wholesale price or credit. Another place to sell your fish is at the local fish clubs, this is a good
way to meet hobbyist with the same interest.

Cliff

Heartbreaker
06-25-2015, 08:24 PM
Sell them to your local fish store, they will only give you the wholesale price or credit. Another place to sell your fish is at the local fish clubs, this is a good
way to meet hobbyist with the same interest.

Cliff

Great suggestion. I don't even know where to start looking for a local fish club to be honest. I wasn't even aware they had any here in California.

rickztahone
06-25-2015, 09:05 PM
Great suggestion. I don't even know where to start looking for a local fish club to be honest. I wasn't even aware they had any here in California.

Here's a thread where we have a lot of Caliornians (me included) :)
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?64452-USA-California