PDA

View Full Version : Finally got my DIY 20G Sump the way I want it!

farebox
06-25-2015, 10:29 PM
Revamped my sump and added an auto top off to keep the water level constant in the sump. Treated myself to an Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155 Auto Top Off for Father's Day gift. Now have things set up the way I want and pretty simple; K1 moving bed filter, Swiss Tropicials Poret (20PPI/30PPI), and Emperor Aquatics Smart-Lite 40W UV. Just do my 50% WC every two days=crystal clear water and very happy fish. Check this video: https://youtu.be/ccA4xykT03s

rickztahone
06-25-2015, 10:46 PM
Nice! I bought a JBJ top off (which I still haven't picked up) but was eyeing the Tunze Osmolator. Got to love the name "Osmolator" right?!? lol. Good stuff. I plan on ordering Poret from ST soon, any recommendations? I was planning on running what you seem to be running, 20 and 30ppi

farebox
06-25-2015, 11:18 PM
Go with the 20/30 PPI, also would recommend the Tunze over the the JBJ ( had the JBJ before and always had some issues with it). BulkReefySupply.com has the Tunze on sale now, cost alot more, but worth it in the long run to doing the job. Also the Tunze comes with everything, pump, tubing, and all the connections needed to get it up and running out of the box.

rickztahone
06-25-2015, 11:33 PM
Go with the 20/30 PPI, also would recommend the Tunze over the the JBJ ( had the JBJ before and always had some issues with it). BulkReefySupply.com has the Tunze on sale now, cost alot more, but worth it in the long run to doing the job. Also the Tunze comes with everything, pump, tubing, and all the connections needed to get it up and running out of the box.

Cool, thanks for the heads up. Although I bought the JBJ one, I actually no longer have plans to use it. I made my return section so large that I'm not too worried about evaporation. I have ~13g in that section alone. Additionally, I have eaten up my real estate under the tank by making side panels for electronics. Thanks though. The Tunze gets super great reviews over on the SW side.

Mgus
06-26-2015, 05:32 AM
Looking good looks like your fish have grown well since your last video.