PDA

View Full Version : Discus breeder fort wayne, indiana

Kendoug
07-06-2015, 05:16 AM
Hello,

I am looking for a discus breeder in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I have found a couple, but they are all at least 3 or more hours away. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!! :)

Bill63SG
07-06-2015, 11:07 AM
good luck,Ive had a few people from Indiana come to me,so the pickings must be slim.

Kendoug
07-06-2015, 04:09 PM
They definitely are. I was just hoping to find some one close that I could visit and pick out the fish. It has been nearly impossible to find anyone. I mean I know about Rocky Mountain Discus and Central Ohio, but they are over 3 hours away. And from what I have read online, both are only focusing on freshwater stingrays now. So my search continues...

rickztahone
07-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Is shipping them to your door out of the question?

Bill63SG
07-06-2015, 04:49 PM
Sometimes you've got to just bite the bullet.Ive done the drive to Central Ohio discus and that was 5hrs one way.Got a couple buddys together and did a road trip.

Rudustin
07-06-2015, 06:14 PM
Most breeders or dealers that are sponsors here on SD will be happy to send you pictures of the actual fish if you request it. I just ordered from Kenny and the photos said it all about the fish that I will be expecting. Try a sponsor here and I am sure you will be very happy with the result. Rufus

zimmjeff
07-06-2015, 06:46 PM
3 hours is nothing. I have driven 7 just to talk about discus. Jeff.

discuspaul
07-06-2015, 07:12 PM
I believe Central Ohio Discus is currently out of discus sales, at least for a temporary break until further notice.

I think your best bet Kenny, is to consider getting in touch with Josie or Miranda @ Chicago Discus, who have an excellent rep for supplying a good variety & sizes of high quality discus.

I know it's a 3 hour drive for you - but I'm sure it would be well worthwhile.
Either that or select your fish from them through emailed photos and have the fish delivered to you by overnite express - FedEx or some other reliable carrier.

Bill63SG
07-06-2015, 07:22 PM
yes,Mike Beals is out of discus for awhile.

Kirbs
07-06-2015, 07:40 PM
I'd go to Chicago Discus. It's worth the drive. Or you could have them delivered.....wouldn't be a problem at all. I was just there Thursday and they have a good selection on hand!

Kendoug
07-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Hey,

Thanks for all the help everyone. I will definitely check out Chicago Discus. And from the looks of it, I will definitely be driving a ways. Not against it by any means, just trying to avoid it. Just doesn't appear possible.

Bud Smith
07-08-2015, 04:32 AM
I live in Lima, Ohio about a hour give or take from you and yes not many discus vendors close. The Chicago area is about the closest to buy nice discus. There are at least two vendors who I deal with. Shipping is around $40 from one vendor. I believe they have already been mentioned in this thread.

FishFanMan
07-08-2015, 07:16 AM
I know of three vendors in Chicago area that ships, one was already mentioned. Also know another vendor who sells discus but don't know if he ships. He is not the SD member who posted earlier. You can PM me if you want more info.

FishFanMan
07-08-2015, 07:35 AM
There's a vendor in NE Indiana who says they sell discus. You can him and others on CL.

FishFanMan
07-08-2015, 08:09 AM
Oh, and how could I have forgotten to mention the Midwest Cichlid Association. I believe they are in Richmond. Look for swap meets and their classifieds.

DISCUS STU
07-09-2015, 10:19 AM
I don't know if Tom at Rainforest Tropicals in Indiana is a breeder but he sells Discus and is in your state if you need a one on one experience.

The sellers/breeder sponsors on this site, Simply Discus, are all A+ and extremely reputable.