PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Discus...rules or advice?

bigfish77
07-14-2015, 10:28 PM
My family might be moving in the next few months and I may need to rehome my discus. I believe my fish are nice quality and well taken care of and am curious how to set the price on them? Do people do it by the size or color? Most of my fish are well over 6 inches if not even more. I have 3 unconfirmed pairs in my display and have witnessed each pair lay eggs and can ID the sex of each pair mate. Any ideas? They are Stendker stock bought directly from the man himself. Strains include Red Pigeon, Blue Pigeon and Blue Diamond. All eating like pigs on flake, frozen brine, and FDBW.
Thanks

Altum Nut
07-14-2015, 11:24 PM
We normally try and convince hobbyist to take fish with them but if your set on shutting tank down and selling your Discus...
Photos of actual fish that your selling should be considered as the first step. Seeing that you got them from a great source will help your sale greatly. You can try setting a price as a group or often people seem to pick and choose and may only want 1 or 2.
Re-sale Discus from hobbyist don't seem to fetch as high priced as fish direct from breeder or importer but I would say a quality 6" Discus can go for $75 to $150. Strains can also be a big factor as to what someone would want to pay.

If you can...I would recommend you try and work out a plan to bring tanks and Discus with you.

...Ralph