PDA

View Full Version : 3 days Vacation what the best thing to do?

tmtplyb
07-21-2015, 06:41 PM
I am going on a mini vacation 3days only what the best thing to do? have 5 adults and 1 juvi in 75g tank. I have automatic feeder can set up to run 4times a day. Please advices from your experiences.

Thanks

Kirbs
07-21-2015, 07:16 PM
I would turn off the feeder, change 90% of the water the day before you go, clean the filters and go have a good time!

I'll be gone for 8 days soon and did 12 days last summer and did the same thing. I had no issues then and don't expect any this time either!

rickztahone
07-21-2015, 07:17 PM
I would turn off the feeder, change 90% of the water the day before you go, clean the filters and go have a good time!

I'll be gone for 8 days soon and did 12 days last summer and did the same thing. I had no issues then and don't expect any this time either!

best advice has already been given :)

Keith Perkins
07-21-2015, 07:33 PM
best advice has already been given :)

Yup. It's too bad they're not all adults, but it is what it is.

rickztahone
07-21-2015, 07:58 PM
Yup. It's too bad they're not all adults, but it is what it is.

true, but it is a rather short vacation. If it was longer then maybe different measures would have to be taken.

Phillydubs
07-22-2015, 12:06 AM
I go on a 3 day vacation every week... It is called the weekend!!! Hahaha no but all kidding aside, I have a tank in my office and the water gets changed every Friday and I rarely go by see them or feed them until Monday morning with a water change monday after work.

I have gone on a few longer vacations recently. One was a week one was ten days and I just had someone feed very lightly every few days and all was perfectly fine.

Go away on your trip and don't even worry at all!!!

slp
07-24-2015, 11:02 AM
I went on a 8 day vacation in June another 10 day in July. Followed the advice of the experts on this site. The day before I left no food. 90% water change. Upon return all fesh were healthy and active. The first day back they were kind of picky with their food but after that they were Bach to being pigs and eating out of my hand. I think they were mad at me the first day back. I also did a 90% water change the first day back. I usually do a 90% water change every day or every other day.

ESXiGuy
07-24-2015, 01:38 PM
When your fish came from overseas, it went without eating for 5 days minimum already. Fasting before shipping + transit time.