PDA

View Full Version : are these cross pairs any good??

butterfly discus
07-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Hey guys,

Just want your opinion on whether these pairs babies would be any good

and these guys are together… lay every week and hatch fry but usually lose them after 3-4 days
but they have a huge batch at 7 days atm
i have a feeling their babies won't be so good but they have a special place in my heart lol
but still opinions appreciated

THANKS!!

MadMatt
07-26-2015, 10:47 PM
I am the worst guy I think for crossing discus that "I'm not suppose to!". A lot of breeders breed for color, shape, health, etc. I think it's a discus breeder thing..lol
However I have a pair, they are my favorite, it's a wild with a peach yellow melon pigeon hybrid, with every picture I show of them I get crapped in by at least several breeders, mind you these breeders I respect highly, however I still enjoy making mutts out of my favorite pair. I breed them for shape, health and personality not color.
The worst if you cross a pigeon and a non-pigeon is you will get peppered pancake discus with virtually no color and resembling pancake color!.... And I'm not kidding, flying pancakes you will have...lol
They do look great, if you have one or two in a tank with a dozen other really cool discus.
I do breed other traditional colours as well but I still like to experiment.
This is what you can end up with if you cross and make weird mutts.

butterfly discus
07-27-2015, 05:21 AM
I am the worst guy I think for crossing discus that "I'm not suppose to!". A lot of breeders breed for color, shape, health, etc. I think it's a discus breeder thing..lol
However I have a pair, they are my favorite, it's a wild with a peach yellow melon pigeon hybrid, with every picture I show of them I get crapped in by at least several breeders, mind you these breeders I respect highly, however I still enjoy making mutts out of my favorite pair. I breed them for shape, health and personality not color.
The worst if you cross a pigeon and a non-pigeon is you will get peppered pancake discus with virtually no color and resembling pancake color!.... And I'm not kidding, flying pancakes you will have...lol
They do look great, if you have one or two in a tank with a dozen other really cool discus.
I do breed other traditional colours as well but I still like to experiment.
This is what you can end up with if you cross and make weird mutts.

Awesome
That's for the feedback!!
I really hope their babies come out as good a colour as those!!
I won't mind a tiny bit of peppering on the nose
I really hope their babies come out good because they are such good breeders and they were my first pair 😅
Was half expecting to have people going off at me about them but they might be ok.. They are both pigeon blood ...