PDA

View Full Version : Question

krislewis3
08-08-2015, 01:18 PM
I have been noticing that my discus have brown/light brown feces, nstead of the black that I'm used to seeing. They are all eating and acting normal.i have added a new food which is omega I pellets. Do you think I should be concerned, and if so, what do you suggest?? Kris

Kyla
08-08-2015, 01:46 PM
the colour of their feces can change depending on their diet. i would just keep an eye on them for now. i wouldnt be overly concerned or consider medicating unless you observe white/clear, stringy feces which can be indicative of internal parasites.

Ryan
08-09-2015, 03:53 AM
It's probably the change in food. All of my cichlids get pellets 99% of the time and their feces is light brown. If you feed something like Tetra Bits their feces will be orange. Same with fry that are fed BBS.

MadMatt
08-09-2015, 02:40 PM
It's the food for sure, my wife feeds our veggie pucks some times, when they do there poo is light green in color!... Looks pretty crazy the first time I seen it.
I wouldn't worry, feed them something else for two days, you will see it changes again.

I have been noticing that my discus have brown/light brown feces, nstead of the black that I'm used to seeing. They are all eating and acting normal.i have added a new food which is omega I pellets. Do you think I should be concerned, and if so, what do you suggest?? Kris

krislewis3
08-10-2015, 03:23 AM
I'll try leaving the pellets off the food list for a couple ip of days, and see what happens!ill keep you posted!

Kyla
08-14-2015, 09:24 AM
how r they doing? did changing up their diet give any results?