PDA

View Full Version : Memphis TN/Mid South

Smetzger
08-21-2015, 12:09 PM
Im interested getting into discus. Any recommendations on dealers, or breeders in Memphis or this region? TN, MS, AK, etc.?

krilinkel
08-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Hi ... I'm in Germantown and am not aware of any breeders in our area. I have been a discus keeper for the last several years. I have gotten all of my discus from sponsors on this site .... Kenny, Hans and Eric at Carolina Discus. You can't go wrong with any of the sponsors on this site. They are heavily vetted by the forum folks. There are a few folks locally that keep discus. Maybe they will chime in here. I recommend that you read up on the beginner information on this site. It will definitely make your experience more successful and enjoyable. ...... Ned

Smetzger
08-22-2015, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the help. I'm thinking it would be best to start with adults from what I am reading. After establishing a well cycled tank. If I were to go for 4-5 adults what size take would be ideal? Petsmart is running a great sale on a 60 gallon combo. Also, for adult how often are water changes needed and what percentage?