PDA

View Full Version : Pterophyllum scalare "Manacapuru red back"

peathenster
08-24-2015, 02:37 PM
Feel free to ignore the wrong plants :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=if-6NwaSl2g

Discus-n00b
08-24-2015, 04:45 PM
Excellent looking angels! And tank! I bet it's a pleasure to sit back and watch. Love the mixture of sand and smaller pebbles on the bottom.

Second Hand Pat
08-24-2015, 05:07 PM
Great looking angels, are they wild? Very cool on the spawn. I understand these guys are hard to find.
Pat

Larry Bugg
08-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Great looking angels, are they wild? Very cool on the spawn. I understand these guys are hard to find.
Pat

Yup, they are wilds.

Hey Peter, they are looking great!! What did you do with the rest of them? I know you have had several spawns, any fry yet?

peathenster
08-24-2015, 06:06 PM
Thanks for the kind words :) These were imported from Taiwan and I'm actually not positive if they are wilds, but I like them :)

Larry - I ended up with two breeding pairs from the original group. This is the third spawn from the pair. A few dozen survived from the first spawn and are now dime + size, and I lost the second spawn when I traveled abroad. The other pair also spawned three times and I saved one brood that are pea size now.

Compared to the SIs that I used to have, these seem slightly smaller, but have a lot more red and are hardier and (obviously) easier to spawn.

Discus Origins
08-24-2015, 07:56 PM
Very nice Peter, they are looking good! Most likely F1 if from Taiwan, for some reason these have become almost impossible to get nowadays when they were pretty common from Manaus suppliers a 5-7 years ago.

peathenster
08-29-2015, 02:28 PM
Somebody just contacted me and said he got some from you 3-4 years ago. How did I miss that batch!

I have about 30 juvies at nickle-quarter and ready for shipping if anybody is interested.

Discus Origins
08-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Somebody just contacted me and said he got some from you 3-4 years ago. How did I miss that batch!

I have about 30 juvies at nickle-quarter and ready for shipping if anybody is interested.

lol I'm not sure how you missed that one Peter....you're usually on top of things with my shipments

Email me a picture of your juvies - discusorigins@yahoo.com

peathenster
08-31-2015, 09:49 PM
lol I'm not sure how you missed that one Peter....you're usually on top of things with my shipments

Email me a picture of your juvies - discusorigins@yahoo.com

I've been too lazy to whip out the Canon :( Here's a short video - I threw a few in a planted tank but I think the current was bothering them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1AshKlDT2g

giselflorez
05-08-2016, 09:28 AM
Pterophyllum scalare "Manacapuru red back" Do you still have any spawn of these available? I have a 75 planted tank and am looking for some beautiful angels like this.