PDA

View Full Version : Newbie here! From LA!

Amieman
08-25-2015, 08:28 PM
Hey everyone!

I'm a newbie here and I'm really hoping to get to know everyone and to learn something new!

I just got my first discus and I love him!

I'm trying to post in the "sick" section but it doesn't let me :( what do I have to do? It's kinda an emergency!

cedar
08-25-2015, 08:42 PM
Hi there yourself, I think you have to register before you can post. If you do that and mention its emergent someone will get back to you. I too am fairly new so Im not sure if I can give the best advice but if you want to give me a shot I'll answer the best I know how and see who else chimes in. sue

rickztahone
08-25-2015, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. Your post is now live in the emergency room and I left a comment there for you.

Amieman
08-25-2015, 09:31 PM
Welcome to the forum. Your post is now live in the emergency room and I left a comment there for you.

Thanks! I just read it, I appreciate your fast response! Its not letting me respond to it over there for some reason though, it says I dont have rights or something...

Anyway I honestly didnt even know about the quarantine method, I asked the "Professionals" at the aquarium store and they simply told me to let the bag float and then add some water into the bag... I will definitely use the quarantine method from now on. For the time being though what do you suggest I do to save this little guy?

rickztahone
08-25-2015, 09:49 PM
Thanks! I just read it, I appreciate your fast response! Its not letting me respond to it over there for some reason though, it says I dont have rights or something...

Anyway I honestly didnt even know about the quarantine method, I asked the "Professionals" at the aquarium store and they simply told me to let the bag float and then add some water into the bag... I will definitely use the quarantine method from now on. For the time being though what do you suggest I do to save this little guy?

As someone who has experienced this "professional" help in the past as well, I know where you are coming from. Research is one of the best things you can do prior to doing just about anything. Now that you are on this site, read up on discus, what they need to survive and where you can purchase them. This will greatly increase your chances of success with discus.

Now, with that said, I gave you my honest opinion on the other thread. I believe this little guy may be past saving, but if you would like to take the time to try to save it, simply start by putting it in a 20g tank with fresh water, a heater, a filter or a sponge filter and change roughly 80% water daily and see if he improves. Leave the temp at 82F, turn off the lights, and do not feed it.