PDA

View Full Version : Albino white butterfly x red map cbp

Jhec
09-06-2015, 10:38 AM
Can you help me what possible offspring for the albino white butterfly x red map cbp? Thanks for your inputs.

RogueDiscus
09-06-2015, 05:09 PM
I have bred several generations of a White Butterfly x Checkerboard Pigeon pair. Assuming your cbp is non-albino, your fry will not express the albino gene, but they will all (I think) carry it. They will look like WBF x CBP. I'm not familiar with red map. If your strains are similar to mine, both are pigeon bloods, so they should make a good pair as far as peppering goes. My fry were white based with varying degrees of orange patterning. (I've read white is dominant.) I worked to maintain a white background to avoid peppering. I culled a lot of the heavily peppered ones. Otherwise, it sounds like a good cross to me. F2's could produce some albinos.
Steve

Jhec
09-06-2015, 09:01 PM
Thanks for your inputs steve. yes, there will be no albino's on F1's. The only thing i'm concerned is the heavy peppering. And will there be checkerboard and white butterfly in F1?

RogueDiscus
09-07-2015, 11:53 AM
It's been a while and I sold most of them at about 2 inches, but I don't remeber many that would have been just white. Most all had some ammount of CB patterning. The lighting wasn't great, but here's a link to my WB and an F1 male of hers that she's paired with.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?118692-White-Butterfly