PDA

View Full Version : Cardinal Tetras

Debow
09-06-2015, 08:59 PM
Where is the best place to get some Cardinal Tetras at a fair price? I checked fresh water tropics but they are out of stock.

Boyd Luth
09-08-2015, 06:58 AM
snook21 in Ft. Myers Fl. He is one of our Sponsors on our site. I bought from him several years ago, good reputation, etc. Kinda small when I received them, however, have grown out beautifully

jmf3460
09-08-2015, 08:05 AM
OP you can try wetspottropicalfish.com they have cardinals. Not as reasonably priced as John's but they have good stock.

Debow
09-08-2015, 09:41 AM
I checked out snook, but nothing in stock, Jacklyn did I see a post that you had to cull your group of tetras? did you get them from the wetspott?

DJW
09-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Are the Cardinals from Snook21 and Wetspot wild? I think that unless the seller says "tank-raised" we can assume they are wild caught but I'm not sure.

jmf3460
09-08-2015, 09:56 AM
I checked out snook, but nothing in stock, Jacklyn did I see a post that you had to cull your group of tetras? did you get them from the wetspott?

debow the group I had to cull were from John (snookn21/freshwatertropicals), this might be why he has none, he may of had to do the same thing and cull his entire stock but you will have to ask him. I have bought from wetspot before they are quality fish, just make sure you quarantine first and monitor closely.

Debow
09-08-2015, 11:57 AM
debow the group I had to cull were from John (snookn21/freshwatertropicals), this might be why he has none, he may of had to do the same thing and cull his entire stock but you will have to ask him. I have bought from wetspot before they are quality fish, just make sure you quarantine first and monitor closely.

Oh let me tell you about the QT! I think this is the greatest thing that I have learned along he way. Its like watching coal turn into diamonds but I will never not do it again. Anyways I will try and email him and see what his future stock might look like and see when I can get some was thinking about getting 20 or so and growing them out in a bb tank for a few months prior to going in the display.

jmf3460
09-08-2015, 01:12 PM
I have bought from John (snookn) at freshwatertropicals many times, only once have I had this issue, it could have very well just been a bad batch of cardinals and he shipped them to me before he caught it. I feel comfortable buying from him again no worries.

DISCUS STU
09-08-2015, 04:35 PM
I posted this before, I qt Cardinals with PraziPro and Metro with almost no losses now. Before going this route I normally had a high loss rate.

Second Hand Pat
09-08-2015, 05:18 PM
I posted this before, I qt Cardinals with PraziPro and Metro with almost no losses now. Before going this route I normally had a high loss rate.

Stu, I have gotten cardinals from John several times and had zero losses. I do leave them in QT for a while to put some size on them. My current batch is in with the older Altums.
Pat

DISCUS STU
09-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Stu, I have gotten cardinals from John several times and had zero losses. I do leave them in QT for a while to put some size on them. My current batch is in with the older Altums.
Pat

Hey Pat. My experience is a generalized one, John excepted, and to qualify this, I generally buy locally from some of the better lfs's but losses were always higher w/o Metro and Prazi, but I believe the benefits were mainly from the Metro.