PDA

View Full Version : is there a way auto water change with out a sump system?

butterfly discus
09-15-2015, 01:51 AM
Hey guys!!

i have about 17 tanks in my discus room
I have no room for anymore tanks so i can't run a sump system as its a small room :P
is there any water change system that exists that can water change this many tanks and refill them easily without a sump system?
I'm happy to watch and wait for it to do it so it doesn't overflow
or i would just have enough aged water to do all the tanks so that i can't over fill them...

please let me know your thoughts :P
Thanks in advance

Jason.M
09-15-2015, 07:14 AM
Well water or municipal town water? How are your plumbing skills? Can you drill the back of your tanks? I know a local mom and pop type fish store just opened up in our area and they have close to 100 freshwater tanks that they have drilled the back pane of glass at the top, installed open overflow bulkheads and connected them all together with PVC for drains, and of course routed it to a drain.
Then ran more PVC from a water source and at each tank they have a metered nozzle that has a constant metered amount dripping into the tank. Even on city water if your adding only a small amount constantly the chlorine isn't an issue as it dissipates before it builds to a harmful level. Cost around 400$ to do the whole freshwater section this way in the store.

rickztahone
09-15-2015, 11:17 AM
Well water or municipal town water? How are your plumbing skills? Can you drill the back of your tanks? I know a local mom and pop type fish store just opened up in our area and they have close to 100 freshwater tanks that they have drilled the back pane of glass at the top, installed open overflow bulkheads and connected them all together with PVC for drains, and of course routed it to a drain.
Then ran more PVC from a water source and at each tank they have a metered nozzle that has a constant metered amount dripping into the tank. Even on city water if your adding only a small amount constantly the chlorine isn't an issue as it dissipates before it builds to a harmful level. Cost around 400$ to do the whole freshwater section this way in the store.

This is going to be your easiest choice. I will however recommend buying a large storage barrel, 300g or 2 of them depending on the sizes of your tanks to store water. Then, you can route PVC pipes to each tank and refill all at once.