PDA

View Full Version : Joseph ---> Lawrenceville, Georgia

NanzB
09-23-2015, 03:24 AM
Hey guys and gals I'm Joseph, Born in Atlanta, Ga. Me and my wife have multiple fish tanks. I have 4 tanks in my bedroom and my wife has 7. Biggest is two 55 gallon tanks. Looking to expend and get bigger tanks in the near future. Trying to get a 75 gallon with stand for 150$ so wish me luck hard to fit all this stuff in my bedroom. Anyways. I have two saltwater tanks, the 55 is very beautiful. One tank breeding freshwater cherry shrimo and breeding amano shrimp. We have 8 discus, just received news that two have paired up and layer eggs. So I have many questions, which is on top of research I have already gathered about breeding discus. I'm more than happy to share pics, etc. I would like to know if I'll get banned or get in trouble for talking about stuff other than discus, which I just did.

Thanks!
Joseph

Keith Perkins
09-23-2015, 07:42 AM
LOL. If you look around you'll see there's a section on photography, threads on fantasy football, and God knows what else. As long as you keep it clean, you can talk about just about anything here.

Larry Bugg
09-23-2015, 08:11 AM
Sounds like you need to come to our local club Auction this coming Sunday. Just might find a tank there but you will certainly find thousands of bags of fish and plants being auctioned off and you will meet some other people in the hobby. I will be working at the registration table the entire day so look me up and we can talk some about all this.

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showthread.php?10848-2015-Fall-Auction-Spread-the-word!!!

John_Nicholson
09-23-2015, 08:32 AM
Sounds like you need to come to our local club Auction this coming Sunday. Just might find a tank there but you will certainly find thousands of bags of fish and plants being auctioned off and you will meet some other people in the hobby. I will be working at the registration table the entire day so look me up and we can talk some about all this.

http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/showthread.php?10848-2015-Fall-Auction-Spread-the-word!!!

Good point Larry.

-john

Keith Perkins
09-23-2015, 03:54 PM
Larry's the man in Atlanta, if you can you should take his advice.

NanzB
09-23-2015, 11:34 PM
LOL. If you look around you'll see there's a section on photography, threads on fantasy football, and God knows what else. As long as you keep it clean, you can talk about just about anything here.

thanks alot man lol, appreciate the feedback

NanzB
09-23-2015, 11:37 PM

wow i damn wish i could go. if that sentence makes sense. lol I definitely wish i could go for sure! I followed your link and checked it out. I work every sunday open to close :( are there going to be other auctions like this in the future? Is it a quarterly thing or something? I really really wish I could go. If i had a lot of extra money I might call in sick :/ I dont think I have called out sick in years.

NanzB
09-23-2015, 11:40 PM

I would really love to go

Larry Bugg
09-24-2015, 06:21 AM
wow i damn wish i could go. if that sentence makes sense. lol I definitely wish i could go for sure! I followed your link and checked it out. I work every sunday open to close :( are there going to be other auctions like this in the future? Is it a quarterly thing or something? I really really wish I could go. If i had a lot of extra money I might call in sick :/ I dont think I have called out sick in years.

We have two big auctions a year (Spring and Fall) but both are on Sunday. We do however have a meeting the first Saturday of every month. You should consider coming to them. I happen to know the guy personally who is giving the talk for October. Just happens to be on Discus. Hope I'm not boring, lol.

NanzB
09-24-2015, 07:43 PM
Okay I definitely need to get some information from you. The when and where stuff. Thanks alot Larry! I hope to meet you soon for sure. I can go on Sunday but I need at least a week notice to ask off of work.
I would also like to know more about the meetings. Discus talk sounds great, but I'm sure everyone isn't on my level. Beginner level lol. I think I'm more than a beginner but there is so much to know.

We have two big auctions a year (Spring and Fall) but both are on Sunday. We do however have a meeting the first Saturday of every month. You should consider coming to them. I happen to know the guy personally who is giving the talk for October. Just happens to be on Discus. Hope I'm not boring, lol.

Keith Perkins
09-24-2015, 07:51 PM

Wow that's a terrible cough you have, I can hear it clear up here in Wisconsin.

Larry Bugg
09-24-2015, 08:04 PM
Okay I definitely need to get some information from you. The when and where stuff. Thanks alot Larry! I hope to meet you soon for sure. I can go on Sunday but I need at least a week notice to ask off of work.
I would also like to know more about the meetings. Discus talk sounds great, but I'm sure everyone isn't on my level. Beginner level lol. I think I'm more than a beginner but there is so much to know.

The meetings are the 1st Saturday of every month so the next meeting is a week from this Saturday, Oct 3rd. My talk will be a beginner level talk about keeping discus - the basics. The meeting is at 1:30 at the Fernbank Science Center, not the Fernbank Museum. http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/content.php about halfway down the page you will see info on the meetings.

NanzB
09-25-2015, 02:37 AM
The meetings are the 1st Saturday of every month so the next meeting is a week from this Saturday, Oct 3rd. My talk will be a beginner level talk about keeping discus - the basics. The meeting is at 1:30 at the Fernbank Science Center, not the Fernbank Museum. http://www.atlantaaquarium.com/content.php about halfway down the page you will see info on the meetings.

Okay great, so how long is it also?? I assume an hour or so. Hmmmm definitely want to go. I could possible go. I can take off, then just have to get the wifey to get off also.
Thanks Larry

Larry Bugg
09-25-2015, 06:37 AM
The talk won't start till around 2:00 and be about an hour or so. You could leave at that time but we also have a mini auction after each talk. I'm guessing this mini auction will be small since it is the weekend after the big auction but you never know. Sometimes we may have 50 bags in them. Our club members are very active in breeding fish and the auctions provide an outlet to selling what they have bred. The cool thing is you will see fish that you would never see in a store.

NanzB
09-25-2015, 04:24 PM
The talk won't start till around 2:00 and be about an hour or so. You could leave at that time but we also have a mini auction after each talk. I'm guessing this mini auction will be small since it is the weekend after the big auction but you never know. Sometimes we may have 50 bags in them. Our club members are very active in breeding fish and the auctions provide an outlet to selling what they have bred. The cool thing is you will see fish that you would never see in a store.

Okay, cool cool. I will definitely let you know when I can go, so you can expect my arrival. Hopefully we can meet up also if you'd like. Thanks again!

Joey