PDA

View Full Version : levamisole phosphate

andre senna
10-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Hello everyone. some of my discus are not eating, I think it is not stress related as I thought, as I saw some yellow feces in the tank.

So, I think that I should try to treat with levamisole, someone here ever use the injectable form, phosphate based ? someone had ammonia spikes after treat with levamisole ?

Thanks!

DJW
10-15-2015, 11:34 PM
Here is a good link on levamisole. It also explains the dosing adjustment for the liquid injectable form. And the dosing in this article has a 2ppm target concentration.

http://www.loaches.com/Members/shari2/levamisole-hydrochloride-1

The only thing I can think would lead to an ammonia spike after the use of levamisole would be a die-off of a huge number of worms, maybe in the substrate?

Eddie
10-16-2015, 05:09 AM
Hello everyone. some of my discus are not eating, I think it is not stress related as I thought, as I saw some yellow feces in the tank.

So, I think that I should try to treat with levamisole, someone here ever use the injectable form, phosphate based ? someone had ammonia spikes after treat with levamisole ?

Thanks!

Maybe more information about what's going before turning to medication.

andre senna
10-16-2015, 10:04 AM
thank you! yes I tried it, many fecal tests, citology of feces, nothing. And still white long feces, and fish not eating. So I decided to do a '' therapeutic test" as I know the results can be false negative.

andre senna
10-16-2015, 10:08 AM
Here is a good link on levamisole. It also explains the dosing adjustment for the liquid injectable form. And the dosing in this article has a 2ppm target concentration.

http://www.loaches.com/Members/shari2/levamisole-hydrochloride-1

The only thing I can think would lead to an ammonia spike after the use of levamisole would be a die-off of a huge number of worms, maybe in the substrate?

Thank you ! I do not know, but in fact I saw many white and more large feces after treatment. I read that article, I was in doubt if the author reccomends the injectable form or not.

DJW
10-16-2015, 10:33 AM
The injectable is about 13% levamisole, so they do a little math is all, but check yours and adjust as needed.

Eddie
10-16-2015, 10:45 AM
thank you! yes I tried it, many fecal tests, citology of feces, nothing. And still white long feces, and fish not eating. So I decided to do a '' therapeutic test" as I know the results can be false negative.

If you found nothing than there is nothing to support treatment. The long feces could be stomach lining. I'd look into other reasons as to why the fish may not be eating.

DISCUS STU
10-16-2015, 11:19 AM
Thank you ! I do not know, but in fact I saw many white and more large feces after treatment. I read that article, I was in doubt if the author reccomends the injectable form or not.

Very instructive piece on Levamisole containing everything you'd want to know but didn't know to ask (lol).

As always, glad to have this forum to compare notes with other hobbyists and to receive the benefits of their knowledge and experience.

Btw, my 1,000th post on Simply Discus.

DJW
10-16-2015, 12:16 PM
Keep posting at your current rate for another 80 years and you'll catch Eddie..

Eddie
10-16-2015, 12:49 PM

Ha. Impossible. Lol

Second Hand Pat
10-16-2015, 12:55 PM

Ha. Impossible. Lol

Hehe, I tried to catch up to Eddie when he was gone....now that he is back I didn't stand a chance :D LOL.

andre senna
10-16-2015, 02:57 PM
[QUOTE=Eddie;1178159]If you found nothing than there is nothing to support treatment. The long feces could be stomach lining. I'd look into other reasons as to why the fish may not be eating.[/QUOTdE]

yes, sounds right...these fishes are the ones in the low position in the group.they are not losing weight. maybe I should waited , now, as you can see in my other post, they are all suffering side effects from the levamisole. I think they will recover, but it is upseting.but the stomach lining must be from some reason.