PDA

View Full Version : Discus fry problem :-(

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 04:01 PM
To all my lovely master here, I am a begginer keeping discus. Facing problem regarding fish fry. Why my baby fish cant swim together with their parent? They stay bottom of the tank. Look very weak and keep dying one by one... It's just 3 days old of free swimming. Water problem? Parents? They sick? Please help me, thanks... :-( appreciate .........

alcastro
10-14-2015, 04:13 PM
You need to provide more info, tank community or not water change regiment etc.

DISCUS STU
10-14-2015, 04:14 PM
More information needed. Did they attach themselves to the sides of the parents at all or did they just go to the bottom of the tank?

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 04:33 PM
I keep the pair in separate tank, size 3ft l X 2ft W 1.5ft H. They lay egg last week, no water change (water are clean, ph6.5)

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 04:38 PM
They did not attach to their parents, swim dizzy. Parents are very hardworking collect them but fail, too tired because they all swim diffrent direction. Some at bottom, left and right.

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 04:39 PM
You need to provide more info, tank community or not water change regiment etc.

Re: Discus fry problem :-(
I keep the pair in separate tank, size 3ft l X 2ft W 1.5ft H. They lay egg last week, no water change (water are clean, ph6.5)

warblad79
10-14-2015, 04:43 PM
How do you know they are clean? Water should be change daily even with fry but you have to do it gradually so you don't disturb the fry and the parents. I usually do the slow dripping water change

John_Nicholson
10-14-2015, 04:44 PM
I change 50% of the water on all of my pairs every day.......

-john

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 04:45 PM
How do you know they are clean? Water should be change daily even with fry but you have to do it gradually so you don't disturb the fry and the parents. I usually do the slow dripping water change

Water can be change when the pair with egg?

warblad79
10-14-2015, 04:46 PM
Make sure you lower the water almost same height as the parents, so basically you trying to make their space smaller as possible for easy attachment.

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 04:48 PM
I change 50% of the water on all of my pairs every day.......

-john

No problem with the egg? I scared disturb the egg, ok I will try change 50% next spawning

warblad79
10-14-2015, 04:49 PM
Water can be change when the pair with egg?

Of course, make sure the replacement water is the same PH, TDS, temp and aged for 24hours. so the water don't crush

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 04:51 PM
Make sure you lower the water almost same height as the parents, so basically you trying to make their space smaller as possible for easy attachment.

I think this is the problem because my tank too big for pair 3ftL X 1.5ftH X 2ftW

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Of course, make sure the replacement water is the same PH, TDS, temp and aged for 24hours. so the water don't crush

Yes sir, thanks ... Confirm my pair and fry not sick?

John_Nicholson
10-14-2015, 05:01 PM
I have raise fry in tanks as big as 120 gallons. Of the thousands and thousands of fry that I have raised I have never found the need to lower the water. My water is aged but I do not check ph. If you change it every day you do not really need to worry about that. The most important time for clean water is when you have eggs, wigglers, of young fry. I will never understand why people quit changing water at that point.

-john

Wyman Yeong
10-14-2015, 05:13 PM
I have raise fry in tanks as big as 120 gallons. Of the thousands and thousands of fry that I have raised I have never found the need to lower the water. My water is aged but I do not check ph. If you change it every day you do not really need to worry about that. The most important time for clean water is when you have eggs, wigglers, of young fry. I will never understand why people quit changing water at that point.

-john

I will try changing water next spawning . I fail this time :-(