PDA

View Full Version : water pump ?

runner
10-22-2015, 07:57 PM
I will be getting back into discus, hopefully in time for Kenny's Nov. sale. My question is this . When I do a water change I get micro bubbles. I
'm on well water and it's tested by the state every 3 years and it's it's excellent quality. Usually I put the water into the pail ,adjust the temp and pump it right into tank. Tons of bubbles Today I let the water set in the brute for about 5 hours. When I pumped it out it still had bubbles.
Question, could this be my pump? I use a submersible pump rated at 300gph at 6 ft. Any thoughts?
Jay

rickztahone
10-22-2015, 09:03 PM
I will be getting back into discus, hopefully in time for Kenny's Nov. sale. My question is this . When I do a water change I get micro bubbles. I
'm on well water and it's tested by the state every 3 years and it's it's excellent quality. Usually I put the water into the pail ,adjust the temp and pump it right into tank. Tons of bubbles Today I let the water set in the brute for about 5 hours. When I pumped it out it still had bubbles.
Question, could this be my pump? I use a submersible pump rated at 300gph at 6 ft. Any thoughts?
Jay

Have you tried aging your water over night?

Filip
10-23-2015, 08:25 AM
It's not enough to just leave the water sit still in the barrel.
To outgass it you will have to let the pump running and agitating the water,the stronger the pump and surface agitation the faster it will outgass.

Altum Nut
10-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Hello Jay...as mentioned above age water in your brute barrel over-night with an air-stone and heater...trying to closely match tank parameters. A filter sock is another option attached to your end filler hose which assists in breaking down micro bubbles.

...Ralph

runner
10-23-2015, 09:55 AM
Ralph, thanks for moving that I didn't realize that I put in the food section.
Also, thanks everybody for the info.
Jay