PDA

View Full Version : Hello from ST. Thomas Virgin Islands

ChrisUSVI
11-06-2015, 12:19 AM
Hello all and good day

A little about myself, my name is Chris and I currently live in the United States Virgin Islands. I've owned several different aquarium setups and many different breeds. One of the down sides to living in the USVI is it isn't very particular to keep an aquarium here. With the cost of power and water as high as it is here I have calculated it would cost me almost $800.00 just for water and electricity a month. Sadly do to this fact my wife and I have been tank less for the last five years.

The good news is we are moving back state side in about six months. One of the first things I was excited about when we made the decision is I get to have a tank again, at least that's what I told her it will end up being tanks :). One of the few fish I haven't had the pleasure of owning are discus. So I think I'm going to take a shot at it. I joined the forum in a attempt to learn as much as possible in the next six months. If anyone has any questions for me please feel free to ask and thank you for having me.

Chris

discuspaul
11-06-2015, 12:28 AM
Welcome to the forum, Chris.
One of the requisites for being successful keeping discus is to do your homework before taking the plunge.

Suggest you start with reading all the Stickies here in the Discus Basics for Beginners section.

Good to hear you've allowed 6 months to become fully familiar with all the essentials for keeping discus healthy & thriving.

As and when you do your research, don't hesitate to ask any questions that come to mind.
Best of luck to you.

ChrisUSVI
11-06-2015, 12:49 AM
Thank you very much for the warm welcome Paul. I'm sure I will have hundreds of questions in the next 6 months.

Chris

rickztahone
11-06-2015, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Chris! $800 would hurt the wallet badly :(. Luckily, you can restart a new tank in 6 months! Do your research in the meantime as Paul suggests and you will be golden.

ChrisUSVI
11-06-2015, 11:46 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome Rick and yes utility's are painful here :(. But all of that will change soon :).

Chris