PDA

View Full Version : Calling all photo shop masters

Debow
11-09-2015, 05:59 PM
So long story short my company has $10,000 in wheels and tires stolen last week and we have a picture of the truck with the plate number but the camera is too fuzzy to make out the plate ant the detectives have no intensest in editing the image just wondering if there is something to be done with this image. I tried but have no photo editing skills. Any help would be appreciated. I know this is a lost cause picture.

rickztahone
11-09-2015, 06:04 PM
I'm sorry to say that no amount of photo shop skills will recover that image. It is simply to blurry to make anything out of it. This is IMHO of course, but I'm sure others will agree with me here. I really wish I could say otherwise, because I would love to help. This is some really bad people that do this. Shameful.

The Avalanche itself is pretty non-descript too. Are there ANY other shots?

Debow
11-09-2015, 06:06 PM
Ya, it sucks. When we saw that we have the truck on camera we were like great!! and then we saw that you cant rear the plate! What a bummer.

rickztahone
11-09-2015, 06:08 PM
Did the police even put out an APB on the truck? Any inside video? Is insurance covering you guys?

Debow
11-09-2015, 06:15 PM
The police did not, the insurance will cover it. Its just the idea of getting the guys, nothing like coming in and finding a new Audi Rs5 on bricks.

rickztahone
11-09-2015, 06:17 PM
The police did not, the insurance will cover it. Its just the idea of getting the guys, nothing like coming in and finding a new Audi Rs5 on bricks.

I completely agree with you. These people always get caught at one point or the other. The sloppy work here proves the point and someone will have a clear picture somewhere down the line I assure you.

SMB2
11-09-2015, 07:50 PM
I got nothing. Maybe someone here has a "friend" who does forensic photo work.
That looks like a Cadillac Escalade EXT? 2013? Can't be a lot of those around. Keep an eye out!

Four2one
11-09-2015, 09:26 PM
Wow, that really sucks and while I have nothing to offer in way of help, I do hope they catch the guys!!

rickztahone
11-09-2015, 10:45 PM
I got nothing. Maybe someone here has a "friend" who does forensic photo work.
That looks like a Cadillac Escalade EXT? 2013? Can't be a lot of those around. Keep an eye out!

I thought it was an avalanche but I think you are right.

SMB2
11-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Ricardo, same truck but for the emblems (and stuff inside$$$), I think.
I thought the emblem on the tailgate image above looked like Cadillac.
I tried all sorts of ways to enlarge and enhance the picture but you just loose pixels and the plate is unreadable.

Debow
11-10-2015, 09:01 AM
Thanks everyone I appreciate the help. Teaches everyone to invest in HD cameras or none at all.

rickztahone
11-10-2015, 12:56 PM
Ricardo, same truck but for the emblems (and stuff inside$$$), I think.
I thought the emblem on the tailgate image above looked like Cadillac.
I tried all sorts of ways to enlarge and enhance the picture but you just loose pixels and the plate is unreadable.

Oh for sure that is a Cadillac emblem. Looks similar to this googled pic:
http://moneyandcars.com/wp-content/uploads/Silver-Cadillac-Escalade-EXT-Rear-Side-View.jpg