PDA

View Full Version : Saying Hi ( & An Inquiry )

Riaz
11-11-2015, 04:28 PM
Hello guys .... this site is amazing . I am new to this great forum , I am reading this whenever I have free time ... & amaze to know things about the leader of the aquarium The Discus . Actually guys i am planning to have discus fish probably Juvnile discus , but where I live (Bahrain Gulf) its very hard to find discus I mean a healthy & beautiful discus .... I m searching from a month but no luck . checked on internet but i think that would be expensive for me.... so just wanna know if u guys suggest me something or maybe somebody knows where can i import some good discus (& Offcourse not expensive ) so please guys share something with me
, any knowledge or comments are v. welcome .
Thanks
Riaz

P.S , Admin if this is a wrong section i m posting please move this or delete

Akili
11-11-2015, 05:13 PM
I don't know if you have tried AquaArt. Al-Ain Complex, Salwa Road, P.O Box: 8994. Doha Qatar Their facebook page has some Discus showing in September
https://www.facebook.com/AquaArt.com.qa/photos/ms.c.eJwtyMENACAMAsCNDKAWuv9iRuM9j2RRHW1EbA~;emIBf WD~;soldgHP8LCgU~-.bps.a.423897740972079.113367.197113900317132/1116137761748070/?type=3&permPage=1

Filip
11-11-2015, 05:19 PM
I don't think that you can order any animal via net without having a proper licence and certificate for importing animals in your country.
At least that's the case in my country.
So you must turn to your local fish stores and ask them to preorder something for you.

MatthewJanssen
11-11-2015, 09:32 PM
In New Zealand, almost all the adult discus are heavily stunted, I saw some 3 year old discus at 5cm yesterday... I found a local breeder and bought very young 2cm discus from him, rather than buying stunted adults.

Riaz
11-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Thanks you guys for your feed back .... I found a market here a local market which i dont know from years ... yesterday a friend of mine tell me about this . I checked there but right now no discus there but they said
discus will be available in next month as the shipment comes ... seen a lot of things related to aquarium which usually not found in most of the stores here ... I m v. happy now
Thank you again
Happy Discus...ing
Riaz