PDA

View Full Version : Please help new with discus

Brock
11-28-2015, 11:14 PM
I bought 2 discos about a month ago and they are doing great. Then I bought 3 more from the same breeder. One of them was not eating and had white fluffy poop I treated with metro for 5 days and he looks a lot better but still not eating. He has been breathing very heavy and tonight I noticed his right gill was working twice as hard and the left one is not looking like it is working at all. What should I do?? I am currently using a dewormer to clean up any parasites after the metro treatment. These fish were bred and raised in high ph and hard water. My water parameters match the breeders. All the other fish are doing great.

Please help

Brock
11-28-2015, 11:22 PM

Brock
11-28-2015, 11:24 PM
It's color is better than the picture but still not eating

warblad79
11-28-2015, 11:35 PM
50%-100% daily and tank should be bare bottom. Planted tank is not ideal for growing out discus. Once the small one get sick it's very hard to rebound even if they survive the damage already done. You should have done you research before you jump into discus hobby.

Filip
11-29-2015, 06:20 PM
It's a good idea to open this thread in disease section and fill up a questionary with all the info of your tank,fish,parameters,filters etc.
That way you make it more easy for others to help you without shooting blank answers.

DonMD
11-29-2015, 06:25 PM
It's a good idea to open this thread in disease section and fill up a questionary with all the info of your tank,fish,parameters,filters etc.
That way you make it more easy for others to help you without shooting blank answers.

I agree. The white "poop" looks indicative of an intestinal flagellate, in my opinion. Posting in the ER will get you lots of good advice. Good luck.