PDA

View Full Version : Is Salty Water Bad for Fry?

Discuschill
12-11-2015, 07:45 AM
Does anyone know if the small amount of salt water administered to my fry with BBS feedings can affect them?

If so, is there a way to separate the water from the shrimp? Is it worth it to do?

THANKS!

John_Nicholson
12-11-2015, 09:13 AM
If you are doing your water changes correctly is is no problem at all.

-john

Discuschill
12-11-2015, 06:47 PM
thanks, john!!

Pardal
12-11-2015, 11:31 PM
Does anyone know if the small amount of salt water administered to my fry with BBS feedings can affect them?

If so, is there a way to separate the water from the shrimp? Is it worth it to do?

THANKS!
You should get a brine shrimp net, or a brine shrimp sieve, Brine Shrimp Direct.com sales them relative cheap.
Rinsing the brine shrimp is important, no so much because of the salt but for the bio products metabolized during the hatching process.

XAnhLe
12-12-2015, 12:15 AM
Use a plastic coffee filter from your local market to filter out the salt water if you'd like. I use it to rinse out the salt and the unhatched eggs.

John_Nicholson
12-12-2015, 10:12 AM
As Al and several others that came to the first NADA show can attest you do not have to rinse your BBS if you do not want to. They all stood there and watched me pour LOTS of fresh hatched BBS straight into my fry tanks. If you want to strain then that is fine but like I said with proper water changes you do not need too.

-john