PDA

View Full Version : Something that makes you go Hummmm!!!?????

krislewis3
12-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Has anyone here noticed an outbreak of disease in their tank, after adding driftwood? Kris

Phillydubs
12-24-2015, 05:22 PM
I am currently running my first tank with driftwood, it has been running over a year now with no issues and never any problems... So from my experience no, I never noticed this.... What type of disease are you referring to? Did you soak the drift wood or boil it first?

pastry
12-24-2015, 05:50 PM
Kris, how did you cure it?

krislewis3
12-25-2015, 10:50 AM
I soaked it for 2 days, then put it in the tank....it has no bark on it! I've used manzanita successfully in other tanks. In my research, I noticed where others have had disease outbreak, and thought the wood was the cause, since nothing else entered the 'closed system'. I'm curious to know if anyone at SD have had this experience! Kris

krislewis3
12-25-2015, 10:52 AM
I am currently running my first tank with driftwood, it has been running over a year now with no issues and never any problems... So from my experience no, I never noticed this.... What type of disease are you referring to? Did you soak the drift wood or boil it first?

I've used manzanita from the same source in other tanks with no issues. I soaked it for 2 days, then put it in the tank! It grew the 'normal' slime, which went away after a week or so.