PDA

View Full Version : jeyes scrubb's cloudy ammonia safe for fish less cycle ?

jared.emmanuel
12-28-2015, 05:18 AM
hi guys i would like to know if its safe to use jeyes scrubb's cloudy ammonia for fishless cycle? ingredients are ammonia 8% , contains water , clouding agent amount not given but all i could find is that its a very low amount used .

DonMD
12-28-2015, 08:49 AM
Pure ammonia with no additives is always the best. You can find it at Ace Hardware, if you are in the U.S.

Akili
12-28-2015, 09:44 AM
hi guys i would like to know if its safe to use jeyes scrubb's cloudy ammonia for fishless cycle? ingredients are ammonia 8% , contains water , clouding agent amount not given but all i could find is that its a very low amount used .
Pure ammonia will only list ammonia and water as ingredients. If it has chelating agents then its ok. Chelating agents are simply a bonding agent that keeps the ammonia and water "mixed". If it lists dyes, fragrances or surfactants, you don't want it. If the bottle doesn't have an ingredient label, shake the bottle. If it foams, it won't work. A few air bubbles that disappear immediately then that is okay

jared.emmanuel
12-28-2015, 11:47 AM
Pure ammonia with no additives is always the best. You can find it at Ace Hardware, if you are in the U.S.

thanks don!

jared.emmanuel
12-28-2015, 11:53 AM
pure ammonia will only list ammonia and water as ingredients. If it has chelating agents then its ok. Chelating agents are simply a bonding agent that keeps the ammonia and water "mixed". If it lists dyes, fragrances or surfactants, you don't want it. If the bottle doesn't have an ingredient label, shake the bottle. If it foams, it won't work. A few air bubbles that disappear immediately then that is okay

thanks akili .there is not much info on the label itself which makes it hard to decide . In terms of bubbles theres not much just some tiny ones which disappear in like 5 minutes , nothing like comparing it to like shampoo for example . I am just thinking of just chucking in some seachem stability and ditch the whole ammonia method given its a bit hard getting pure ammonia where i live.

Akili
12-28-2015, 12:33 PM
try hardware or grocery stores