PDA

View Full Version : What up!? Manny from North New Jersey!

tunerhead24
01-04-2016, 12:40 AM
What's going on everyone? My name is Manny I'm from Jersey, I've been in the hobby for about 8 years or so, except for the last two years cause of relocation and space. I recently purchased a 90g tank and plan to do a planted discus setup. I've been doing a lot of research and I really believe this is the place to be if you're going for discus tank. Hope I learn a lot from you guys and get to know some of you. Thanks

Second Hand Pat
01-04-2016, 09:08 AM
Hi Manny from NJ and welcome to Simply. You have come to the right place for learning about discus. If you have not kept discus before (and yes, they are different then keeping other fish) definitely checkout the sticky's in the beginner section. Best to do plants and discus together if you have experience in both.
Pat

rickztahone
01-04-2016, 06:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Manny. A planted tank is quite a bit of maintenance, a planted tank with discus even more so. I would research discus here in our stickies section like Pat mentioned to brush up on discus husbandry.

Akili
01-04-2016, 06:39 PM
Hi Manny Welcome to SimplyDiscus

tunerhead24
01-05-2016, 12:29 AM
Welcome to the forum Manny. A planted tank is quite a bit of maintenance, a planted tank with discus even more so. I would research discus here in our stickies section like Pat mentioned to brush up on discus husbandry.
I'm not planning on jumping into a planted tank right off the bat, I want to get everything established with healthy discus.
Then I'll try to go planted. I'm going to be spending a bit of money on healthy fish from a reputable breeder so I need to get this right the first time.