PDA

View Full Version : Growing out

seankelly
01-11-2016, 09:13 PM
Last year I got2 new discus at 2.5 inches ,a few weeks later they both started hiding in the back and not eating,after about a month one of them started to eat again,I think it was mainly because I raised the water temp,,but the other still wouldn't eat....After about 4 more weeks of him not eating,he finally did
They both are doing great now,my question is,it's been about 5 months since this happened,and the one that started to eat first is about 3/4-1 inch bigger than the other....I would say the bigger guy is almost5 inches wher his partner is about 4 inches.Does anyone think that this guy can catch up??? I really thought I was going to lose these guys,but now they are doing great!!!
I a so glad that I didn't panic,when they stopped eating,and am happy that the started to eat again,what I'm asking is,what do you good folks think,are the chances of the smaller guys catching up

Thanks
Sean

warblad79
01-11-2016, 09:22 PM
If the fish is already stunted I don't think the smaller one will catch up.

seankelly
01-11-2016, 09:36 PM
I agree,that's what I thought,but I am surprised,that he is actually growing again,years ago I would have figured he was a goner!!!! I swear I never thought I would ever get him to start eating again, in the past, when they stopped eating,they would never recover,but this guy is surprising me all the the time,Thanks for your input
Sean