PDA

View Full Version : Male don't want to do his job.

Pardal
01-17-2016, 12:01 AM
Well
After of working inducing this potential Red Turqs Stendeker pair.
Female start to lay her eggs and the male follow her behind eating them.
And when she doesn't move soon enough he push her out the way.
I guess he is not ready yet.
Got to search in my bag of tricks for this one.

pastry
01-17-2016, 12:45 AM
Come on Julian, you know damn well he told her upfront he only wanted sex, no kids :p. tell her to get him drunk :antlers:

Maybe try a really thin mesh between the two with cone pushed into it but on her side? Or glass divider with third fish getting a peep show so may distract male from eating eggs but motivate him to blow his stuff and stick his tongue out at the pour third party. Otherwise, keep trying them if it's a new thing. If no patience... Yank him out and call the lefty in from the bullpen or find a free agent

Second Hand Pat
01-17-2016, 10:09 AM
Perhaps he is still young yet Julian. I would be tempted to leave them alone and see it they can sort it out. :)
Pat

pastry
01-17-2016, 10:33 AM
Pat just said the same thing I said but the G-rated version ;)

Pardal
01-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Come on Julian, you know damn well he told her upfront he only wanted sex, no kids :p. tell her to get him drunk :antlers:

Maybe try a really thin mesh between the two with cone pushed into it but on her side? Or glass divider with third fish getting a peep show so may distract male from eating eggs but motivate him to blow his stuff and stick his tongue out at the pour third party. Otherwise, keep trying them if it's a new thing. If no patience... Yank him out and call the lefty in from the bullpen or find a free agent
Lol, Elliot
I kind of thought something like that, sort of look but don't touch kind of thing, with a partition.
I also going to move them to a 29g they are in 20g, these guys went from quarantine to condition in the same tank when they start to show behavior. I didn't want to move them.
Another cone bigger. They using one of Barb's right now but standard.
I going to introduce one change at the time.After all is their first attempt.

Julian

Pardal
01-17-2016, 03:29 PM
Perhaps he is still young yet Julian. I would be tempted to leave them alone and see it they can sort it out. :)
Pat

You are absolute it right Pat. Is just their first try . Just want to share with SD, double check my tricks see if I was in the right track, like Elliot's suggestion in case I need it.

Julian.

Las Vegas
01-17-2016, 06:54 PM
Lmao!