PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with the 'Reject' water from your RO units

josecatala
01-18-2016, 01:06 PM
Hi,

I wanted to see if any one is using the 'rejected' water from your RO units for other tanks and/or Would it be ok to remix this water with the RO, instead of mixing water straight from the tap. I was thinking of using around a 75% RO to 25% Tap mix during my water changes.

does anyone save it to be used for anything else?

thanks in advance.

John_Nicholson
01-18-2016, 01:19 PM
I have been using it for my growout tanks for the last 20 years or so.

-john

jdhuyvetter
01-18-2016, 02:13 PM
My set up is on the patio outside. Waste water goes into the swimming pool. A friend of mine has his set up in the garage and uses the waste water for the washing machine. I know of another person that has it set up to run out to a misting system in her garden.

RogueDiscus
01-18-2016, 05:56 PM
I have been using it for my growout tanks for the last 20 years or so.

-john

Hey John, can you tell us what the hardness or tds of your reject water is that you use for grow outs? My well water is over 300ppm so I assume my reject water is even higher, but I haven't checked. I know folks say they raise grow outs in harder water, but that seems really hard too me. Thanks.
Steve

John_Nicholson
01-18-2016, 06:06 PM
Sorry I have no clue. I have not measured it in years. My incoming water is hard enough that you cannot get any eggs to hatch in it but it is not liquid rock either...LOL.

-john

Jack L
01-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Hi,

I wanted to see if any one is using the 'rejected' water from your RO units for other tanks and/or Would it be ok to remix this water with the RO, instead of mixing water straight from the tap. I was thinking of using around a 75% RO to 25% Tap mix during my water changes.

does anyone save it to be used for anything else?

thanks in advance.

i guess you could use it as add back to RO, just would mean less of it than tap to hit a TDS which would mean more RO needs made, which would mean more waste water then using tap.