PDA

View Full Version : Sanitize filter?

delta5
01-21-2016, 02:22 PM
My current cycled filter, C-360, is with a green terror and 6 Bolivian rams. They're all 100% healthy and never had an issue. Will the cycled filter be safe for Discus?

rickztahone
01-21-2016, 03:48 PM
That is a personal call but I would personally not use the cycled filter to start a discus tank. I'd either do a fishless cycle or simply do massive daily water changes until the filter were up to speed.

Akili
01-21-2016, 04:45 PM
My current cycled filter, C-360, is with a green terror and 6 Bolivian rams. They're all 100% healthy and never had an issue. Will the cycled filter be safe for Discus?It will a good idea to rehome the Green Terror.Terror is not aggressive now, it's going to be at some point in time and out compete the Discus for food.Bolivian rams are great with discus. they make excellent tank mates.

delta5
01-22-2016, 12:24 AM
It will a good idea to rehome the Green Terror.Terror is not aggressive now, it's going to be at some point in time and out compete the Discus for food.Bolivian rams are great with discus. they make excellent tank mates.

For now the 90g is going to be Discus only. I'd expect keeping just the pair in the 90g will be a challenge.