PDA

View Full Version : Where to find nice heckel

brett72586
01-24-2016, 01:11 PM
Hola,

I will be upgrading to a 180 gallon very shortly from my 120. Looking for some nice heckles (prefer that they are cross bread or at least domesticated) to add to my 10 discus from kenny. sizes should be at least 5 inches. I have looked here and there and oddly came across from 5 inch wild greens from my LFS (which looks oddly really good). So picked up two of them. just need my last strain that i have been looking for. heckles :)

Second Hand Pat
01-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Best to watch the sponsor shipments for Heckel crosses.
Pat

rickztahone
01-25-2016, 03:59 PM
Best to watch the sponsor shipments for Heckel crosses.
Pat

Agreed. Also, make sure that if you find the ones you are looking for, QT is a huge part of introducing discus to your existing tank.

XAnhLe
01-25-2016, 05:06 PM
If you are considering sponsors here, I'd say Dalatdiscus brought in some very nice heckel crosses. Jamie and Nate at Spirit of the Amazon are still working on their new place I believe, or else they too bring in great looking heckel crosses.

The best heckel crosses in the world in my opinion are Tony Tan's heckel cross... especially the blue moon heckel cross. The one from my profile picture is a Tony Tan's heckel cross.

Wild heckels can be obtained from John (Snookn21) atm for a very affordable price.