PDA

View Full Version : DMSO A Controversial Drug and, use in our hobby?

Pardal
01-25-2016, 01:32 PM
Hi Simply
I 've been reading about DMSO and is use . personally I think is a drug that has more benefits than side effects, but others may differ.
I know some people use it in the past as a solvent for praziquantel etc. but I wonder has any one try for other issues, and as a solvent how effective is.
I start with this article for your reading and consideration. I don't want to open a Pandora's box , just a serious debate please.
http://www.dmso.org/articles/information/muir.htm

jimg
01-25-2016, 01:48 PM
Ime not worth trying. it does dissolve the meds but no reason too. prazi powder does not need to be dissolved it will dissolve in the tank if left alone although it appears at first it don't. I have tried the dmso with all types of meds and never made any difference. I once thought it did but after sending fish to univ. of fla for necropsy, showed it did not. in all theories it should help as it makes anything very absorbable, ime it has not helped.

Pardal
01-25-2016, 02:18 PM
Got it, Jim.
My take is, it has been proved to be an scavenger of free radicals, in the area of inflammation . I was thinking on other uses as for example bloating.
or as a bactericide.
But thanks god . I haven't been in the position to use it in years, crossing my fingers not to use.
For prazi I normally use Hikari prazipro with excellent results for quarantine, but I know the price of prazi powder is usually cheaper glad that work for you.
Julian